DoE Computational Science Graduate Fellowship

NewDex

Hey everyone!

I've been thinking about applying to the 2018 batch of this fellowship. I'm a first year PhD student at a state university (Ohio State University), but I have an MS degree from the University of Chicago and have gone for internships at UW-Madison and ETH-Zurich. My GPA is around 3.5. On the one hand I feel like applying, but on the other hand I feel like I don't stand a chance (it seems like most recipients are enrolled in higher-tier institutions). I know no one can tell me whether I would be awarded or not, but I was wondering if you could shed some light on what you honestly think my chances are...

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide!

Hey everyone!

I've been thinking about applying to the 2018 batch of this fellowship. I'm a first year PhD student at a state university (Ohio State University), but I have an MS degree from the University of Chicago and have gone for internships at UW-Madison and ETH-Zurich. My GPA is around 3.5. On the one hand I feel like applying, but on the other hand I feel like I don't stand a chance (it seems like most recipients are enrolled in higher-tier institutions). I know no one can tell me whether I would be awarded or not, but I was wondering if you could shed some light on what you honestly think my chances are...

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide!

• 1 month later...