SoP review/exchange

I finished a draft of my SoP for a poli sci PhD program, and would love to have someone else look it over and offer some thoughts. I want to know if I am on the right track. I can also review your SoP and we can do some sort of exchange. I majored economics and sociology, with research experiences in poli sci, so I am familiar with social sciences stuff. For other things, at least I can check organization and grammar and such. PM me if you would be willing to look over a SoP or do some sort of exchange review. :)

Can anyone review my sop and recos.. i have modified the first draft 6-7 times and have ended up with what looks like the final one..It would be of great help if someone could review them and give their suggestions?

What are you applying to?

I'm interested in exchanging SOP's. Serious question, though: What makes opinions from fellow applicants regarding format, content, etc. valuable? I don't mean that to be snarky at all. How, though, are we supposed to coach one another on what to include (assuming no one in the exchange sits on an ad com)?

PM me!

Hey guys!

I'd really, really like to get in on this SoP exchange as well. I am applying to one Anthro MS program and on comebined Anthro MA/MPH, so you folks with social science and/or public health backgrounds might be interested.

@Bodywithoutorgans- I think we have all probably done a fair bit of reading- on this site or on others- about what does and does not belong in a good personal statement. We can share some of those tips and tricks with one another. We can also help to critique one another's writing on a more general level (Does the essay have a logical, easy to follow flow? Do we give adequate evidence to back up our claims/main ideas?) as potential grad student we are likely to be fairly literate and potentially good at that sort of thing. Honestly, though, I think another thing that we are offering is moral support. This is an intimidating process, and I know that I feel better every time I am reminded that you guys are all trying to accomplish the same thing. I think sharing our SoP with each other is good for community building And in case there is any uncertainty whatsoever, my response is also completely serious and not even a little bit snarky. I actually think it was a good question and I hope my thoughts on the matter make at least a little bit of sense. :)

I have an SOP I've been working on I'd love for someone to read/I would love to read someone else's. I'm applying for an MA in theatre history and criticism. Hit me back!

• 3 weeks later...