Ohio State University

I applied to different department, Spanish and Portuguese, but my status still says "In Review." I heard it through the grapevine that some applicants have already been offered admission via a phone call. I have yet to have been called, nor have I received notification by mail. So I'm hoping I'm still in the running!

For those of you who have a decision in your applicant center, have you heard anything yet from the department? I'm thinking about calling the graduate office on Wednesday to ask what's next in the process, especially because I've already received an enticing fellowship offer from another school.

I was admitted in the applicant center last week with the others, and today I received a paper letter confirming the same. I haven't received any telephone calls or e-mails from OSU. There's been no mention yet of funding, just admittance.

I did get the letter today! Like everyone else's, it didn't offer any information on funding or possible visiting days or anything, though. I'm hoping we'll get that information soon, the other schools I got acceptances from have included that in the admission letter itself. They may be waiting to send out the second round of acceptances before sending out the details to everyone.

I got an acceptance. After being super paranoid, since this was my first acceptance out of four responses, I called the department. Three times. And then I sent them an email. Nothing. So. Given that there are a million of us who seem to have gotten in, it makes me wonder how many special fellowships they have exactly. I think I need SOMETHING to calm my nerves. Because of the above-mentioned paranoia, I ended up applying to twenty schools, and I really can't handle nineteen rejections. I feel like it would invalidate my entire life. (I realize that's pathetic, I own my patheticness. We cool.)

The DGS called me today, and he said they have 20 spots this year, although I didn't catch how many applicants (I was driving and illegally on the cell phone, I couldn't not take the phone call!) He also said they scaled back the size of the incoming PhDs because of the way they are restructuring the department.

Don't lose hope! Good luck everyone