University of Washington- Seattle 2012

Whitty

I was soo excited to get in too!!! My decision is between UW and Denver, and boy is it gonna be a rough one. my whole family is in CO, and I like some of the certificate/internship options at DU a lot. lots of friends in boulder/denver, etc. BUT I have alwaayys loved seattle, my boyfriend is from there and would love to return, and the program seems pretty amazing. Love the opportunities in a bigger city, too since I would love to work with refugees/immigrants at some point.

Haha, probably no need for my rant on this thread. Just agonizing over where to pay deposits, etc! Im visiting Seattle next month, though and very excited to check out the campus!!!

I'm still waiting to hear back from UNC but UW is my top choice. It will definitely come down to financial aid I'm qualify for instate tuition at UGA and they have an awesome (yet competitive) assistanship! However I am in Love with UW's program and I have family in Seattle and love the city (sans the weather).

Kristin I will be visiting next month as well!!

I was a prospective applicant this year but unfortunately missed the deadline. I'm curious to what u dub's scholarships/tuition aid package looks like? Did anyone who was admitted receive aid other than grants?

They haven't sent out any financial aid stuff, so I'm unsure of that. I know because it's a state school there aren't too many school scholarships. I'm applying to the Title IV-E child welfare program, which does provide funding in exchange for working for washington state cps for a year or 2.

Whitty- that is great! When will you be there? I think I will be around the 20th maybe? But we are road tripping, so who knows. Wonder if I can get an extension to pay the deposit since I'll be visiting just a tad after....

Oh asking for an extension is a great idea! I was trying to get there before the 15th. So probably around April 8th! I am pricing tickets now... I'm sure the prices are going to be high (sigh).