DAAD Graduate Study Scholarship 2014-2015

dolfinz

Hey everyone,

Did they send you an email you to notice you from they decision ?

I applied for the "intensive language course" for graduate students in north america and I still don't have any news from them...

I also applied to the intensive language course for graduate students. Have you heard anything at all since you submitted your application?

I applied for the Masters program through DAAD North America, and I still haven't heard anything. I called last week, and the person I spoke to in NYC said that everything is done on their end, they're just waiting for the stamps of approval from Bonn. Hopefully we'll all find out soon!

Stefairy, is this the Research Scholarship or the Study Scholarship that you're referring to? 

I applied to the Research Scholarship--anyone know when to expect a result?

Hey everyone,

I applied for the Study Scholarship as well and haven't heard anything yet. I've done quite a bit of digging online and the only info so far is that we will hear "end of March  / beginning of April." It seems the RISE applicants are hearing now.

I also think you apply automatically for the language study when you apply for the study scholarship. My understanding is all notification comes at one time. I am hoping we all hear in the next two weeks, cross your fingers (or press your thumbs)! Good luck everyone!

Anyone else out there waiting on study scholarship notification?

Hi! I've applied for a research scholarship and am trying my hardest to wait patiently for announcements.

I talked to Ms. Kim from the NY office a couple days ago and was told the same as stefairy in that they are waiting for the main office in Bonn to give their approval. I tried to see if the DAAD portal would give me any indication of my current status but it doesn't really say anything new.

Good luck to everyone! And sorry to those who weren't granted an award this time around. Don't give up!

I applied for the Intensive Language Course. I have not yet received any news, though the people at the NY office informed me that they had received my application when I called them in January.

got a response, didn't get in...at least I tried!

guess it would be self-funding for me should I ever pursue master's in the future, i'm now officially overage (6 yrs from graduation) to apply for the DAAD. :(

Sorry to hear that Kazarareta,

Has anyone here ever been involved with the DAAD before? I'm really curious about the 2 month long 'intensive summer language scholarship' for graduate students. I've applied, but still waiting to hear back. Has anyone done this or know anyone that has?

Also, I hope that if anyone in North America gets word from the New York office about it that they will kindly post and let us know :)

nyc, just got my rejection. thought the letter was a little on the rude side, felt the need to clarify that i was in the "lower third" of considered applicants... like all right, I get it, I've been rejected, don't need to twist the knife in!

Oh no! Sorry to hear that lalakey. Don't worry-- Fulbright will do you good! Stay hopeful.

Were you informed via email? I still haven't heard...

Nope, came in the mail. I know the NYC office is here so maybe why I got it so fast. I knew it was a rejection by the envelope, I hear that big envelope means acceptance. 

nyc, just got my rejection. thought the letter was a little on the rude side, felt the need to clarify that i was in the "lower third" of considered applicants... like all right, I get it, I've been rejected, don't need to twist the knife in!

I'm sorry to hear that they were assholes! Best of luck in the future.

Sorry to those who got rejection letters (I hate calling them "rejection letters"),

Im slightly worried about my application now. I am a Masters student in Canada, and I applied for the intensive summer language course scholarship. I didn't sign up on that DAAD Online portal, I just sent my application to the DAAD office in New York.

I remember seeing that another person on here applied for the same thing. Did you sign up on the online portal? At the risk of being an annoyance I may call the New York office in the next few days if I don't hear anything.

Good luck to the rest of  you!

Sorry to those who got rejection letters (I hate calling them "rejection letters"),

Im slightly worried about my application now. I am a Masters student in Canada, and I applied for the intensive summer language course scholarship. I didn't sign up on that DAAD Online portal, I just sent my application to the DAAD office in New York.

I remember seeing that another person on here applied for the same thing. Did you sign up on the online portal? At the risk of being an annoyance I may call the New York office in the next few days if I don't hear anything.

Good luck to the rest of  you!

These rejections weren't for the summer language course, but for the year-long scholarship. Just so you know :)

These rejections weren't for the summer language course, but for the year-long scholarship. Just so you know :)

Lalakey, did you apply for the Masters study scholarship or a different one? I thought I read we'd hear by email somewhere, but I might have that wrong.

Sorry to hear that you didn't get it this time around (and that is a harsh letter for them to send!  :( ), but best of luck with wherever you choose to go!

stephclassics: I sent my application to the NYC office too, and not the online portal. Good luck, and hopefully we'll both hear something soon!

Lalakey, did you apply for the Masters study scholarship or a different one? I thought I read we'd hear by email somewhere, but I might have that wrong.

Sorry to hear that you didn't get it this time around (and that is a harsh letter for them to send!  :( ), but best of luck with wherever you choose to go!

stephclassics: I sent my application to the NYC office too, and not the online portal. Good luck, and hopefully we'll both hear something soon!

Yes, masters study. Last year they also sent via mail, so I think it's via mail? Apparently someone else also got the same harsh letter I got. Maybe something got lost in translation lol

Lalakey,

While I'm loathe to prolong your misery, would you mind me asking if you had checked your application status on the DAAD portal? fingers crossed for the Fulbright!