MFA waitlisters

I've been put on the waitlist for Cornell.

It feels like I went through the anxiety of waiting for an answer, only to get a second serving.

REALLY hoping someone chooses another school, so I can move up from the list.

Got waitlisted to UConn and UMass Amherst. Got an email last week that all 5 spots offered at UConn were accepted, so no go for me this year. Hoping for a miracle with UMass.

Two weeks ago I got an e-mail from VCU's VCD program that I'm number two on their waitlist, and they will let me know if I'm accepted or not on April 6.

So today is the day! This is so stressful, I refresh my inbox like crazy!!! VCU is at top on my list, so I hope I will get accepted. :unsure: #fingerscrossed 

For people who have all their info on the table, any hunch on when people accept offers formally? I know for those of us waiting on alternate spots we're waiting to see what plays out. But: otherwise? Do people formally commit once they've made their mental decision, or do they (who know where they are going already) take their sweet time until the 15th? I want to believe in an altruistic world where people aren't sitting on spots they know they aren't taking. Thoughts?

I'm going a little insane, I think. The person who got the offer I'm in line for 1) got their offer way back in late February, and 2) visited the program a week ago during a scheduled event for those with offers. That's a lot of time to think about it, but yet they haven't accepted at this point. What does it all mean?! Arrrrrgh.

Edited by LittleBlueHouse

For people who have all their info on the table, any hunch on when people accept offers formally? I know for those of us waiting on alternate spots we're waiting to see what plays out. But: otherwise? Do people formally commit once they've made their mental decision, or do they (who know where they are going already) take their sweet time until the 15th? I want to believe in an altruistic world where people aren't sitting on spots they know they aren't taking. Thoughts?

I declined programs as soon as I made my decision (towards the end of last week). I actually have until May 1 for all programs except one, but figured I'd just rip off the band-aid and stop wavering in my decision. Not sure if that's common, but that's what I did.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes!  Who are you waiting on?

Does anyone know if Columbia has closed their waitlist yet?

i'm on waitlist for columbia as well! haha this waiting has been the most stressful part!! i've wanted to just assume rejection but i can't help but stay hopeful....it's somewhat comforting to hear that others are still on the same boat?! good luck to you!!!!! hopefully this madness will end soon!!!

i'm on waitlist for columbia as well! haha this waiting has been the most stressful part!! i've wanted to just assume rejection but i can't help but stay hopeful....it's somewhat comforting to hear that others are still on the same boat?! good luck to you!!!!! hopefully this madness will end soon!!!

What are you doing about your other offers in the meantime?