MPH Canada Fall 2017

Shd90

4 minutes ago, MPH 2017 said:

I'm sure if this means accepted I applied for Global health but I want tot change it.

Ahh, I am extremely nervous now. Because I also applied for global health. If you don't mind me asking, why do you want to switch?

16 minutes ago, MPHstar2016 said:

For those of you who applied to SFU did you mail in your final transcripts beforehand? 

I sent two hard copies of my transcripts to SFU when I submitted my application (January). I read somewhere that they required official transcripts sent to their office. When I log into my goSFU account it says they've been received. Hope that helps :)

21 minutes ago, MPHstar2016 said:

For those of you who applied to SFU did you mail in your final transcripts beforehand? 

Hello @MPHstar2016, I applied to SFU and I sent them my official transcript before deadline. As my transcript is from outside Canada I also sent them my WES evaluation. 

Anyway, my u of Alberta portal status also says under review. 

Edited by Tahnin

5 minutes ago, mariont19 said:

Hey everyone, I'm waitlisted for McMaster as well. I still haven't heard anything from Queens, does that mean I'm probably waitlisted there too?

Hello @mariont19, I also haven't received any news from Queen's. No idea if I'm wait listed/rejected/2nd round. 

I guess it's the same for you too. 

1 hour ago, EmPeeAych said:

Ahh, I am extremely nervous now. Because I also applied for global health. If you don't mind me asking, why do you want to switch?

I think I would do better in other and future job wise environmental and occupational health has better opportunities. 

Long time lurker here, decided to make an account as well. Congrats to everyone who got in! For those of you waiting for Queens, I believe the offers have been sent out. I can't recall if this was already mentioned, but the absolute deadline for accepting the offer is March 31st, after which students from the waiting list will be offered positions. 

Has anyone received any email from Queen's saying they are wait listed/rejected ? 

Or is it like me, no email no status update on my application (it says application complete)? 

Congrats to everyone that's heard back from universities! Has anyone not heard back from UBC or SFU yet? I haven't gotten any emails notifying me that I've been rejected OR accepted. I wonder if that means I'm on the wait list. Ahhh anxious!

2 hours ago, Tahnin said:

Has anyone received any email from Queen's saying they are wait listed/rejected ? 

Or is it like me, no email no status update on my application (it says application complete)? 

Same boat as you!! 

1 hour ago, MPH-TK said:

Congrats to everyone that's heard back from universities! Has anyone not heard back from UBC or SFU yet? I haven't gotten any emails notifying me that I've been rejected OR accepted. I wonder if that means I'm on the wait list. Ahhh anxious!

I'm still waiting to hear from SFU as well. Apparently they're releasing admission decisions as they go through the files, so hopefully we will hear soon! :)

3 hours ago, MPH-TK said:

I have also applied to SFU but no email yet. Or no change in my online application status. 

3 hours ago, wiffle said:

To those who have accepted Queens: any idea what the deposit is? 

I accepted but never heard anything about a deposit. I'm wondering if maybe there isn't one.

4 hours ago, brooke16 said:

I accepted but never heard anything about a deposit. I'm wondering if maybe there isn't one.

Hey did you accept for the 12 month or 16 month program?

Perhaps this is a question better left for a separate thread, but I am wondering if any of you are applying for the second, third etc time? If so, what did you do in between then and now to improve your application, like LOI, work/volunteer experience, grades, etc?

9 hours ago, Ashlin said:

HI everyone

Received an acceptance email from SFU...has anyone heard from Western yet?

I am also waiting for Western...Does anyone know how competitive is to get in? How many people are admitted per year? 

There's NONE scholarship or grants for this program and it cost $32k the program...still though, I think it's competitive...Thoughts? 

43 minutes ago, friesandwater said:

Hey! Congrats i guess! Were you contacted via email? 

Yes I was, but my online application just states that the documents have been received.