Answers and Celebrations

JohnBom

3 rejections today.. what a day! At least they waited until after my birthday, which was yesterday.

It sucks that there were so many in one day, gag. Anyway, I hope you had a good birthday yesterday, Socnerd!

Perhaps you do what I do on birthdays, wonder where I will be, what I will be doing, and whom I will be with on future birthdays, 1, 5, 10, 20 years into the future. . .

May yours be with your new cohort at some great school that gives you lots of money and values your worth as a researcher! :)

Hey, University of Chicago sent out acceptances on Feb 10th

Sorry to be clear the Master of Sociology/Anthropology of Religion is in the University of Chicago Divinity School which has separate acceptance policies from the Sociology department there, and in fact, is an entirely different school within the university.

Also, well put herself.

Does anybody want to claim that Santa Cruz acceptance? I am still waiting to hear from them... but I would like to hear if there are visitation details just in case. I'll be flying out to the recruitment day at UC Davis next month and it's only a few hours' drive away from UCSC.

I'm still waiting to hear from them also.

• 2 weeks later...

I got accepted to Northeastern. Rejected by Northwestern, and the Social Work program at Univ. of Chicago and the Joint Doctoral Program (Social Work and Psychology) at the Univ. of Michigan. I was working on resigning myself to being rejected everywhere, so this is welcome news, to say the least.

I got an acceptance at UC Riverside last night -- hopefully the start of the storm of acceptances for everyone else who hasn't heard!

I haven't heard from UCR yet, but I did apply later. Is the Sociology department having a recruitment weekend; if so, when?

I would love to compare notes with you if you're willing.

:-)

I haven't heard from UCR yet, but I did apply later. Is the Sociology department having a recruitment weekend; if so, when?

I would love to compare notes with you if you're willing.

:-)

Message to you!