Portland State Fall 2017

Hello!! I have not read much about anyone applying and/or being accepted to Portland State.  I just got accepted on Friday, and will be attending in the Fall!! I am very excited.  I am actually currently in an MSW program here in California, but I applied as a transfer student.  Soo happy I got accepted.

Is anyone else here going to attend PSU?

10 hours ago, MSWPortlandState said:

Hello!! I have not read much about anyone applying and/or being accepted to Portland State.  I just got accepted on Friday, and will be attending in the Fall!! I am very excited.  I am actually currently in an MSW program here in California, but I applied as a transfer student.  Soo happy I got accepted.

Is anyone else here going to attend PSU?

Congratulations!! I was just accepted Friday too! I'm still waiting on UW and UCLA but I've gotten into Boston College and University.  So right now I'm in a pro - con list phase. Portland is in state for me so just for the financial side of things its really tempting!!

Ahhhh congrats! That's so exciting!!  UW and UCLA are great schools too!!

Do you have any tips on locating an apartment in Portland? I am going to travel sometime in July (so i have a few months) so locate housing.

Good luck on your decision process :)

Congratulations! I just found out today I was waitlisted :( Very bummed, but still hopeful. I just graduated from PSU in December and I also work for the university currently so I only applied here knowing I wouldn't want to relocate any time soon. 

Not sure what your budget is, but Portland is insanely expensive. I highly recommend looking into college housing northwest goose hollow. Very close apartments to campus, affordable, and not your typical college party housing situation. Otherwise, PSU is a commuter school so there really is no secret to locating an apartment! Craigslist is a good place to start. If you have any other questions I would be happy to answer since I am a Portland native :) 

13 hours ago, MSWPortlandState said:

Ahhhh congrats! That's so exciting!!  UW and UCLA are great schools too!!

Do you have any tips on locating an apartment in Portland? I am going to travel sometime in July (so i have a few months) so locate housing.

Good luck on your decision process :)

Thanks! I'm actually not in the Portland area currently so I'm afraid I don't have any tips to offer in terms of apartment hunting. But I have friends there and can say that they have decent public transportation - so as long as you're close to a bus line you'll be able to get in to the school okay. Street parking is awful so unless you get a parking permit I'd definitely use the TriMet!

I just sent my decision letter and will be starting this Fall as well! I currently live in Beaverton, right at the border of Beaverton/Portland and am only about 15 mins away from PSU. It's much more affordable to live here. Plus, I'm close to a transit station, so if needed, I could just take the MAX to school.

On 3/21/2017 at 5:19 PM, Bree2017 said:

Congratulations! I just found out today I was waitlisted :( Very bummed, but still hopeful. I just graduated from PSU in December and I also work for the university currently so I only applied here knowing I wouldn't want to relocate any time soon. 

Not sure what your budget is, but Portland is insanely expensive. I highly recommend looking into college housing northwest goose hollow. Very close apartments to campus, affordable, and not your typical college party housing situation. Otherwise, PSU is a commuter school so there really is no secret to locating an apartment! Craigslist is a good place to start. If you have any other questions I would be happy to answer since I am a Portland native :) 

Let us know if you get accepted! And thank you for the housing tips!

On 3/22/2017 at 1:48 PM, oh_bananas said:

I just sent my decision letter and will be starting this Fall as well! I currently live in Beaverton, right at the border of Beaverton/Portland and am only about 15 mins away from PSU. It's much more affordable to live here. Plus, I'm close to a transit station, so if needed, I could just take the MAX to school.

Congrats! I guess I'll see you in a few months lol  

I'll take a look at Beaverton, and see if there are any affordable places. I know Portland is large, so I just wanna find a convenient location to PSU.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on the waitlist at PSU and had to commit to another school already, but PSU is my number one. My waitlist letter said to not contact them about your place on the list - does anyone have any insight when their acceptance deadline/waitlist deadline is? I have pretty much given up hope, but I'm still in waitlist limbo and have that curiosity still. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody!

I applied to PSU and was notified April 21st that I was on the waitlist. Does anyone have any ideas of how many people are waitlisted, and how many usually are accepted? It's so frustrating that there is no way to tell what number you are on their list, I feel like I can't make any assumptions either way! 

I am younger, and finishing my undergrad this spring. Applying this year was just a "why not", my odds weren't good because I had limited work experience, and I was fine with taking a gap year. But now I've gotten my hopes up! I already live in the area and don't need to drastically change my life, so I'm going to stay on the waitlist as long as possible just in case. However, I'm very concerned that figuring out funding options will be much harder at the last minute. Any success stories?

Thanks for the support!

• 10 months later...