-
Posts
299 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Everything posted by PoliSwede
-
While we can't be sure, that must be a good sign for your application. Surely it can't be bad at least.
-
I don't know if this has been discussed yet in this thread (I've not read through all 20 pages), but is it common that programs decide on applicants by subfield? For example, they'd first do Americanists, then CP, IR, etc. Anyone who knows?
-
Anyway, I'm going to consider you a troll. Regardless of whether you are one or not. It makes me feel better about my application being in review!
-
If it changed from "In Review" it's probably legit. My application with OSU still hasn't changed. Congratulations!
-
+1
-
Stop thinking. It'll help!
-
How many of you have heard something back yet?
PoliSwede replied to Nausicaa's topic in Waiting it Out
January 1st. I hope you get good news from them! I'm quite excited myself. Even if I don't get into any of my top programs, I know that Illinois has a good program and is a really good fit. I'd be happy there I think. -
How many of you have heard something back yet?
PoliSwede replied to Nausicaa's topic in Waiting it Out
Did you try the search function here on the site to get an idea of when to expect notification? -
Sorry guys. Thanks. And I think this guy has it right: I saw that another guy heard back form UIUC a week ago or so. And I didn't hear anything until today.
-
How many of you have heard something back yet?
PoliSwede replied to Nausicaa's topic in Waiting it Out
I guess I can post here as well now. I heard back from program with an acceptance today. Getting the first one is such a relief! -
Thanks
-
I heard back from one of my programs today with an offer of admission. I was totally not expecting it on MLK-day, but there you go.
-
Right now I'm still a bit stunned. I wasn't expecting to hear back today of all days. I screamed from the balcony. Does that count? And thank you for all the congratulations! I hope those of you still waiting for your first (acceptance) notification get one soon! It is a relief.
-
ONE DOWN! (Illinois) I answered the phone without much interest since it woke me up. I was wide awake after she told me where she was calling from.
-
Why did I see this post... (If you need me I'll be refreshing my inbox)
-
I was having an anxiety-attack the other day and decided to email one of my professors that have been really supportive and helped me with this process. Again, she reassured me that I have a good shot at (almost) all of my schools and that she thinks I've done everything right. She's obviously completely crazy, because I've become convinced that I don't stand a chance anywhere!
-
Most Annoying Applications: Fall 2013 Edition
PoliSwede replied to ridofme's topic in Waiting it Out
That takes some skill. And effort. -
Well, I can't speak for the PhD students, but I taught while in my MA program and now I'm a lecturer for this academic year. How much time you need to spend preparing really depends on how much effort you want to put into teaching. If you hate it and just want to get the lectures over with you might not do more than the night before. If you're more serious about it you probably want to spend at least a few hours preparing for every class. I enjoy teaching though, so the time spent preparing and coming up with discussion topics and things to do in class isn't too boring.
-
Any Swedes Out There? Gather Around for a Fika!
PoliSwede replied to PoliSwede's topic in IHOG: International House of Grads
At least I'm in the US right now, so no time zone worries here! Some of my programs required things to be sent by snail mail (undergraduate transcript from LuleƄ). I was really worried around the deadlines that it wouldn't make it to them in time for consideration, but all of the schools ended up receiving a copy. I completely skipped applying to some programs that require students to send a substantial amount of documents by snail mail. To hell with that. -
In the balance? Well, if I don't get admitted anywhere I'll have to marry pretty darn fast so I can get that green card
-
Congratulations to the person who got into LSE!
-
Most Annoying Applications: Fall 2013 Edition
PoliSwede replied to ridofme's topic in Waiting it Out
I'd like to echo all of those who mentioned Michigan. Their only redeeming factor was that one could submit transcripts via email. Seconded. I don't understand why they just can't let you pick your own. -
Saw your signature. Alberta, Canada? How come?
