-
Posts
55 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
emiliajulia last won the day on February 11 2016
emiliajulia had the most liked content!
Profile Information
-
Location
Brooklyn, NY
-
Application Season
2016 Fall
-
Program
PhD, History (Modern Poland)
Recent Profile Visitors
1,502 profile views
emiliajulia's Achievements
Caffeinated (3/10)
58
Reputation
-
gratulacje! do widzenia w polsce! does anyone know if we've a facebook group for poland finalists yet?
-
Congrats to new grantees, and solidarity to those still waiting! for those of you who've already received your full detail package--did this come via email or snail mail? I've been checking both compulsively, it'd be nice to just worry about one mail box!
-
Dostoprimechatel'nosti reacted to a post in a topic:
Fulbright 2016 - 2017
-
dziekuje i gratulacje, @L08! bedziesz tez we warszawie?
-
L08 reacted to a post in a topic:
Fulbright 2016 - 2017
-
lyonessrampant reacted to a post in a topic:
Fulbright 2016 - 2017
-
sat0ri reacted to a post in a topic:
Fulbright 2016 - 2017
-
holy smokes, I was just notified that I'm a finalist for study/research in Poland! I had intended to open an email from a student and I didn't even know I was reading the Fulbright decision email until it was too late. happy tuesday, everyone!!
-
I got the same deal--and I'm already finishing my first MA! nu, at least they put the cost of tuition in the email!
-
I'm in the same boat with Brown! I figured that I'd wait for the grant results before bringing it up (my country typically notifies in mid-late March, and I'm visiting campus March 17-18th). I plan on accepting their offer either way, so maybe I should just mention it now. I had always said that I would turn down grad school for a Fulbright, but now I really don't think I'd be able to do so, with an offer from my top choice school in hand. Anyway, it's good to see other people in the same situation! Has anyone here been able to defer school for a Fulbright in the past?
-
emiliajulia reacted to a post in a topic:
Fall 2016 Applicants
-
victoriana reacted to a post in a topic:
Fall 2016 Applicants
-
I initially received an email from the DGS, and then a follow-up from my prospective advisor shortly after.
-
catsandscarves reacted to a post in a topic:
Fall 2016 Applicants
-
stillalivetui reacted to a post in a topic:
Fall 2016 Applicants
-
alain reacted to a post in a topic:
Fall 2016 Applicants
-
insidethesun reacted to a post in a topic:
Fall 2016 Applicants
-
ashiepoo72 reacted to a post in a topic:
Fall 2016 Applicants
-
Still waiting for news from Columbia (presumed rejection at this point?) but hey, I just found out I got in to Indiana! Now I'm just waiting for that rejection from Columbia and sweet, sweet peace of mind will be mine!
-
Making a Deceptively Easy Decision?
emiliajulia replied to emiliajulia's topic in Decisions, Decisions
Thank you all so much for the feedback! and @pterosaur--I did tell Brown that they were my first choice, just because it's true and I didn't see any reason not to let them know! But I think ultimately that decision would be up to you, and relative to your specific circumstance. -
emiliajulia reacted to a post in a topic:
Fall 2016 Applicants
-
"i survived the yale massacre and all i got was this generic rejection email" (congrats to admits! you braved the army of 10,000 and came out stronger on the other side)
-
Congrats to everyone for making through the week, and arriving at a (possibly long?) weekend! take the time to get rest/treat yourself/stay warm/etc.
-
emiliajulia reacted to a post in a topic:
Fall 2016 Applicants
-
emiliajulia reacted to a post in a topic:
Fall 2016 Applicants
-
I'm sure that this question has been approached before, but I want to cast some thoughts out there. So far, I've received three offers of admission from three great schools. One of them (Brown), was my top choice from the outset--naturally, when I received their decision yesterday, I was so verklempt that I was ready to accept the offer straightaway! It's such a big decision, though, that I'm trying to be methodical about it even though on some level, it feels like it's a foregone conclusion. On the one hand, I want to put plenty of thought and attention into this very important decision, and I'm concerned that it's a tougher choice than I realize. On the other hand--I don't want to waste the time/resources of PsOI or other departmental people at UW or Pitt when I'm 90% certain that I'll accept the offer from Brown. Pitt wants to nominate me for a FLAS grant, and I'm not sure if I should go through the motions of the application when they could have nominated someone else. The correspondence from everyone has been really, really kind, and I'm worried about declining any offers too soon. Any thoughts? ngl--this is the most privileged/truly exhilarating problem I've had in a while, and I recognize how fortunate I am to be in this situation at all!
-
I literally opened my Brown letter, read the word "congratulations," burst into tears, and called my mom. It was my first choice school and I am absolutely over the moon.
-
Official rejection from Michigan-- nice email though! Congrats to admits and solidarity with those still anxiously waiting to hear back from certain schools who shall not be named......
-
or, you squander a whole semester's loan refund and justify that "it's basically a career expense! totally responsible spending!" also @johnnycomelately thanks for the response! hopefully I'll hear back some news either way in the near future.
