Jump to content

EasyPeasyLemonSqueezy

Members
  • Content Count

    2
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About EasyPeasyLemonSqueezy

  • Rank
    Decaf

Profile Information

  • Application Season
    2019 Fall
  • Program
    MSW

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hi, I have a question. I've been reading the forums for a while and have read wonderful news about fellow potential social workers hearing of acceptance. I noticed many are receiving acceptances but are still waiting for more. Because of deadlines, I imagine that some are agreeing to the acceptance and paying the deposits such as intent to enroll but are still waiting for the other schools' decisions before making a true decision on where to attend. So my question is, are you allowed to agree to one acceptance and then change your mind if you find that another is best suited for you? Are there any ramifications other than losing out the deposit? I graduated from CSUF in Spring of 2018. I hope to return to school Fall of 2019. I applied to CSUSM, CSULB, and CSUF for their 2 year MSW programs. I would prefer CSULB and CSUF as the distance would be far better for me financially. I can only attend CSUSM if I am accepted by CALSWEC otherwise I would have no other way to pay for it. I can attend the other two schools on a Veteran Dependent program but not CSUSM so that's why I would need CALSWEC. I was offered conditional admission (they need official transcripts regarding Stat course) and have ONLY 2 weeks to confirm and pay the intent to enroll fee in order to reserve my seat in the program. I know they use the wording "reserve" as the universities understand that life happens and changes are made. I will be accepting the program but feel slightly frustrated as I know that CALSWEC will not reply until the end of March as stated in their emails. The CALSWEC program replies at the end of March and the interviews are the 3rd and 4th of April so everything (meaning my financial ability to pay and attend for the next two years) would be contingent on the interview going well and being accepted into the CALSWEC program. I am still waiting to hear from CSULB and CSUF and I understand that their invitation to interview does not mean automatic acceptance. Mainly, I am feeling anxious due to confirming my seat at CSUSM while not having a way to pay for it and I won't know until, best case scenario, Mid-April in hearing from CALSWEC. All while, waiting for an invitation to interview at CSULB or CSUF and then waiting 1 to 3 weeks after completing the interview to hear good or bad news. Logically, I understand that reserving seats are common and the students and schools are both accustomed to people changing their mind, yet I can help but feel guilty of not being able to make a firm decision yet for fellow applicants and potential social workers and worried that the schools won't allow you to accept their offer if you already reserved your spot for another. Has anyone ever accepted one university offer only to change your mind for a better-suited program and NOT receive negative ramifications other than losing out on a bit of money from the deposit? Did you lose out on a better-suited school because you reserved your spot and the CSU schools found out and removed their offers because of this? Sorry for the long message. Any information would be VERY helpful. 😊
  2. Hi, I have a question. I've been reading the forums for a while and have read wonderful news about fellow potential social workers hearing of acceptance. I noticed many are receiving acceptances but are still waiting for more. Because of deadlines, I imagine that some are agreeing to the acceptance and paying the deposits such as intent to enroll but are still waiting for the other schools' decisions before making a true decision on where to attend. So my question is, are you allowed to agree to one acceptance and then change your mind if you find that another is best suited for you? Are there any ramifications other than losing out the deposit? I graduated from CSUF in Spring of 2018. I hope to return to school Fall of 2019. I applied to CSUSM, CSULB, and CSUF for their 2 year MSW programs. I would prefer CSULB and CSUF as the distance would be far better for me financially. I can only attend CSUSM if I am accepted by CALSWEC otherwise I would have no other way to pay for it. I can attend the other two schools on a Veteran Dependent program but not CSUSM so that's why I would need CALSWEC. I was offered conditional admission (they need official transcripts regarding Stat course) and have ONLY 2 weeks to confirm and pay the intent to enroll fee in order to reserve my seat in the program. I know they use the wording "reserve" as the universities understand that life happens and changes are made. I will be accepting the program but feel slightly frustrated as I know that CALSWEC will not reply until the end of March as stated in their emails. The CALSWEC program replies at the end of March and the interviews are the 3rd and 4th of April so everything (meaning my financial ability to pay and attend for the next two years) would be contingent on the interview going well and being accepted into the CALSWEC program. I am still waiting to hear from CSULB and CSUF and I understand that their invitation to interview does not mean automatic acceptance. Mainly, I am feeling anxious due to confirming my seat at CSUSM while not having a way to pay for it and I won't know until, best case scenario, Mid-April in hearing from CALSWEC. All while, waiting for an invitation to interview at CSULB or CSUF and then waiting 1 to 3 weeks after completing the interview to hear good or bad news. Logically, I understand that reserving seats are common and the students and schools are both accustomed to people changing their mind, yet I can help but feel guilty of not being able to make a firm decision yet for fellow applicants and potential social workers and worried that the schools won't allow you to accept their offer if you already reserved your spot for another. Has anyone ever accepted one university offer only to change your mind for a better-suited program and NOT receive negative ramifications other than losing out on a bit of money from the deposit? Did you lose out on a better-suited school because you reserved your spot and the CSU schools found out and removed their offers because of this? Sorry for the long message. Any information would be VERY helpful. 😊
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.