Looks like Pitt HPS has sent out its first round of acceptances. Anyone have any insight as to why they haven't sent out a ton of rejections by now, given that they must have already decided on which applicants did not make it past the 1st cut?
This may be a weird question but how "hard" is it to get into UBC masters? Like, I'm not sure whether or not to feel like I have accomplished something, haha
(Also, congrats & good luck!)
Does anyone know how accurate sites such as Peterson's are for admissions data? For Indiana University at Bloomington's HPS program, it says the acceptance rate is 88%, but that he acceptance rate for their philosophy program is only 6%. Anyone know why this would be the case?
Schools tend to send out acceptances and rejections in waves. The first wave of acceptances (from what I have read) tend to be for the applicants that the school is most eager about, but typically only a portion of those applicants will accept the school's offer.....you can see how this cycle would continue until all applicants have been contacted in some manner. Hope that helps!
Thank you all for the information! I will remain (cautiously) buzzing with excitement
They are offering to consider it this year, not next year. That NYU situation sounds very upsetting If I were on an admissions committee, I would want to do everything in my power not to mislead applicants.
I got an email from Indiana University HPS today saying that my MA application "reads more like an application for a PhD", and asked whether or not I would like to submit it as a PhD app. Then it says "If the MA is all you want, that's fine. We will be happy to admit you for that, but we won't be able to offer you any funding."
Should I be excited about this, or is the "we will be happy to admit you for that" line just a hypothetical?