Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About HoneyBoba

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Yeah, I'm in the "I think the chaos is making everything go slower" group of people. Still waiting on funding information from 3 schools. It's so hard not to ask, but I know there's no point. And if anything, I don't want to be a bother; that would only hurt me. On the bright side, the school that waitlisted me contacted me today to see if I was still interested. They had no new information for me, as I guess they're still waiting on accepted students to accept or reject the offers, but it was nice to know I'm still being considered. I'm just worried, because I will most likely have to move across several states, and I want to start getting that all planned out. But I can't do that until I know what school I'll be attending...
  2. Looking at your list of schools, probably not. The school I'm talking about is Portland State. It's good school for my specialization, although it was a bit of a safety school. I probably won't end up going there, as I've already gotten funding offers from two other schools, and Portland basically told me they don't have a lot of funding. They said they only have two fully funded TAs, so I'm not holding out on getting either of them. Plus, Portland is expensive...
  3. Yep, all my visit days were canceled. One school is doing a "virtual campus visit," but that's definitely not the same... Anyways, anyone know if this might effect funding offers? I have two offers so far, and I'm waiting on word for about four more? Do you think the virus might slow things down? I know it's a tough question, but figured I'd put it out there, anyway. Hope everyone's staying safe out there.
  4. I dunno about anyone else, but there's a few schools that I intentionally didn't apply to simply because I wouldn't be able to afford to live there... It's sad, but I guess that's how it is.
  5. I've been told by my mentors to wait until March to ask, but advice may vary depending on school.
  6. ...9. Nine. Nine. This isn't looking very good for me... I've only heard back from 3, 2 nos, 1 waitlist. I'm thankful for the waitlist, in a way. My mental state would be 1000 times worse had I not had that sliver of hope... But, I know a few of my schools sent out acceptances already. I got nothing. Don't know if I'm on an "unofficial waitlist" too for those, or if they just haven't sent out the rejections yet...
  7. Weeeell, I'm going for a Sociology PhD, which isn't social psychology, but is similar. I know in Soc, early decisions come in Jan-early Feb, with the rest (most) coming in late Feb to March. April is rare, too, but common if you're waitlisted. I don't think it's too unusual. Maybe wait until the end of February (at least), then reach out? Have you checked on here to see when the program has started releasing decisions historically? Again, I'm not social psych, but I wouldn't lose hope yet. And yet, I say that, and I'm losing hope. I haven't heard back from most of my universities, although I've been waitlisted for one. I wish you the best of luck!
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.