Jump to content

Shrimply Pibbles

Members
  • Posts

    31
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Shrimply Pibbles

  1. I got an AmRel interview at Northwestern. I haven't heard anything since then.
  2. I had one interview at Emory and then was invited to their recruitment weekend. I also had an interview with Northwestern. Haven't heard back from PTS (theology), Yale (theology), or Princeton U (AmRelHist) yet.
  3. I'm in the same boat. I've worked outside of academia and it's not that great out there either. If I can get in now, 5-6 year "job security," a salary, insurance, and time doing what I love doesn't sound half bad, even if the pay isn't great. Best of luck to you!
  4. Totally agree! Congrats on finishing up! I should have mentioned above, this is my second round of PhD apps. I completed an MA in historical theology in 2020 and took a year off to do my first round of PhD apps. I didn't get in anywhere (applied to UChicago, Vandy, Yale, and Emory), but started the MTS at Candler in fall 2021. I did most of the legwork for this round of PhD apps over the summer, but it's still taxing to finish those up alongside term papers! That said, we all deserve several pats on the back!
  5. Thanks for making this! Congrats on finishing apps. I'm entering my final semester of an MTS at Candler. Submitted religion apps in two different concentrations to 5 total schools (theology apps to Emory, Yale, and PTS, and AmRelHist apps to Princeton U and Northwestern). I do have some research experience, but no thesis required for the MTS. Doing a portfolio instead. Posted this in a different forum but I have an interview on the calendar at Emory. I'm a little nervous since I don't know what to expect. Good luck to you all!
  6. I got my first interview request for 2023 religion PhD apps. Got some guidance from mentors and advisors, but still nervous. Anybody able/willing to help me know what to expect?
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use