-
Posts
1,179 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
18
Everything posted by TripWillis
-
Tom Waits = Literature
TripWillis replied to TripWillis's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
I have not. How is it? -
Discuss. (#1 fan ever) ((Also drinking)) (((Who Are You; Whistle Down The Wind; Innocent When You Dream; Time; Tom Traubert's Blues; Train Song)))
-
We're going to grad school!
TripWillis replied to Silent_G's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
Ugh. I know what you mean. My M.A. was like a grand experiment in "Wow, will this debt and time mean something?" And it did. At least I think it did. We'll see in a few years. -
We're going to grad school!
TripWillis replied to Silent_G's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
Can I also say that in the wake of Ph.D. acceptance, my M.A. program has become really anticlimactic? I'm sorta struggling to stay enthused, but eh... I'll make it work. -
We're going to grad school!
TripWillis replied to Silent_G's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
I can't effing wait. -
Dear Mississippi, The GradCafe lolopixie/datatape Appreciation Club REJECTS YOU. Worst Regards, Trip
-
Final Decision Thread
TripWillis replied to Galoup11's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
My love of the halfling's leaf has clearly slowed my mind. I wonder what his critical approach is: "The key is to think of it not as "The One" ring, but as a one composed of many rings. By deconstructing the false unity of evil that the ring projects, one sees that beneath the façade lies a rhetorical performance or construction that reinforces and reifies the ring's central power." -
Final Decision Thread
TripWillis replied to Galoup11's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
Look! I found a picture of me 7 years from now, working hard on my dissertation... it seems the stress of doctoral study has aged me prematurely though. -
Boo! Live in Brooklyn with the cool kids, like me and readwritenap. (Just kidding; I'm actually very jealous of your campus apartment option. CUNY has something like that but it's far from campus, expensive, and small)
-
Wait listing is NOT the end!
TripWillis replied to readingredhead's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
Every time I see one of you guys post in this I think you're in! GO DT and LOLO! -
CUNY FL12 Acceptance
TripWillis replied to TripWillis's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
I think you definitely should do both things: get into CUNY and the conference. That's just my two cents. -
Fall 2013 English Lit Applicants
TripWillis replied to harvardlonghorn's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
I definitely had one of these and it was hugely helpful to me all the way through the application process, but particularly in the beginning when I was trying to narrow my list of potential schools to apply to. Highly recommend this to all of you. Also, print it out and pin it to the wall in front of your desk. It will haunt you and keep you motivated. -
CUNY FL12 Acceptance
TripWillis replied to TripWillis's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
Cool, let me know! +1. Revolts in the class are always a good thing in my book. I swear that eventually I'll make the time to respond to your PM. If LGBTQ, 20th C, and interdisciplinary are what you're into, CUNY is just sooooo ideal. -
Final Decision Thread
TripWillis replied to Galoup11's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
Is that university religiously affiliated in some way? I feel like it probably is, right? Methodist? -
CUNY FL12 Acceptance
TripWillis replied to TripWillis's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
Spivak is speaking at the Grad Center on Friday the 27th. Anyone going? -
Penn State (not acceptance post)
TripWillis replied to perrykm2's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
Oh dear; it's contagious! Sorry. Just kidding. -
Penn State (not acceptance post)
TripWillis replied to perrykm2's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
That is bothersome. You may want to contact them and ask if they reviewed your app or not. You're owed a response. -
Penn State (not acceptance post)
TripWillis replied to perrykm2's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
Maybe Jerry Sandusky or JoePa were in charge of contacting you. (oooohhh too soon?) -
CUNY FL12 Acceptance
TripWillis replied to TripWillis's topic in Literature, and Rhetoric and Composition
Hmm, so I saw Portland Fioretti's name on the GC e-mail we all just got. Wondering everyone else is? None of the names struck me as super familiar...
