Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About newusername

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Program
  1. Hey everyone - Just got final word from UCLA via email that they will not be accepting any applicants off the wait list this year due to a large number of applicants and economic restraints. It's okay, though, I had already mentally moved on. CSU Northridge it is! I already had my field placement interview... in just a few short months, my life will be changing dramatically! Can't wait... Best of luck to everyone, I hope you all end/ed up where you want!!
  2. Thanks, guys! Kristela - Lance informed me that of about 70 people they have waitlisted so far, less than 20 have requested to remain on the list. He said he should know more in terms of how many people total are on the list by next week and told me it would be okay for me to shoot him an email then for an update. I did ask whether the list was ranked but he didn't respond to that question, so I may ask him that again next week. Kimmeth - absolutely no communication from Berkeley recently. You? As of now... I am moving forward with Cal State Northridge, somewhat reluctantly, I will admit. But I think ultimately where you get your MSW matters less than where you get field placements, and I do know that Northridge students are placed right alongside UCLA and USC students in many of the same agencies around LA/SFV. Not to mention it is less expensive, which helps me a lot. The only way I'd end up at UCLA or Berkeley at this point is if they were to admit me within the next few weeks. After that, I would no longer feel comfortable withdrawing from Northridge. Good luck to all of you, let us know where you all decide on!
  3. I'm in the exact same boat. Moving on....
  4. i too got wait listed. but wasn't even informed until i emailed Lance again today and he said i 'should have' already received the email and forwarded me a copy of the email i should have gotten.
  5. i think i am officially the last to know... *nervous*
  6. i guess the waiting is dragging on into next week.. somehow. :evil:
  7. just wanted to lament somewhere that i still haven't heard from UCLA.
  8. i still haven't heard. i don't understand. blah.
  9. im with you on this one. i actually did this last year - accepted an offer, paid deposit, then later withdrew (in june) in favor of reapplying to more schools this year. it was really no big deal. they actually offered me deferment as an option, which i took. i say YOU are your number 1 priority.
  10. tamara?!? is that you? it's melissa - welcome to the place i obsessively check 25-50 times a day in hopes of updates on people hearing from UCLA (as I am STILL waiting). anyway - i totally feel your pain on this dilemma. i am coming to the conclusion that i will be attending cal state northridge as it's really the only option i can afford - probably even if i do still get into ucla. my top choices were berkeley and texas, but since i was waitlisted to berkeley and i cant seem to figure out how to afford texas... northridge, here i come! sorry i cant offer more help - but if you dont already have student loan debt (and i dont think you do?) id strongly consider going where your heart desires. IF i had none (i have around 31k from undergrad), i'd be moving to Austin, TX, no doubt about it. it's worth it to go somewhere you feel is a strong fit and that will really help you get to where you want in the realm of your career. good luck.. keep me posted. (and im seeing you saturday night right???) you can private message me or whatever.
  11. Congrats flowerchicken!!! (cant deny it - IM JEALOUS! why havent i heard yet? *tear) When do they want the acceptance from you?
  12. Yeah.. I have a feeling I am rejected from UCLA and that's why I haven't gotten a call. I doubt they would call rejects.. lol. So maybe I'm just in the period of time where they send their rejection to the graduate division and then they have to update it on the web site. *sigh* Anyway, i am having the same trouble with accepting an offer prior to having all the necessary info! I'm still waiting from UCLA, and then CSU Northridge hasn't sent me financial aid info, and neither has ASU. UT at Austin is the most likely place I will end up at this point, as they have been the most thorough and helpful, plus I love their program options. UT wanted to know by April 12 (!) but I extended to the end of April. One thing - I noticed someone just posted an acceptance from Berkeley's MSW program this past Friday. I wonder if they got pulled of the wait list? That's another thing I'm waiting on, but I'm not holding my breath on that one...
  13. still no word from UCLA.... just sent the social welfare department another email (after leaving a voicemail a few weeks back and never receiving a response). i am disappointed in this process very much.
  14. i have NO idea whether leaving messages for them is a good thing or not? i left a voicemail for lance on friday afternoon and have received no response in any way. i, too, am very sad/frustrated by how LONG this is taking them. i thought we'd have to hear for sure by today but now im not feeling so confident. i dont want to keep bugging them either... but cant they just TELL us? it's sooo maddening and it definitely makes me feel like those of us who havent heard yet are just rejection letter afterthoughts.
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.