Fall 2018: BE/BME Bioengineering/biomedical engineering interview dates

bluestone

I'll start. Here are the one's I know. Some I received official emails, some i simply emailed and asked for the date:

MIT Biological Engineering: 3/16-3/17

UPenn Bioengineering: 2/8-2/10, 2/22-2/24 (emailed and asked)

Johns Hopkins: 2/8-2/9, 3/1-3/2 (according to their department website)

UC Berkeley/UCSF: 2/10-2/13, 2/24-2/27

MIT HST: 3/1-3/3 (according to the email they sent out after you submit your app)

Northwestern BME is 2/8-2/9, at least that's what they told us (I'm in the programs student organization)

This looks like it should be a week where many of the invites are sent out, if prior years' data is a good indicator. Good luck to everyone!

Edited by katpillow

22 hours ago, citrullination said:

Does anyone know for MIT and Stanford what the likelihood of being accepted after the interview is?

I think the odds are fairly promising at MIT, unless you clearly don't know what you're talking about or are rude. From what I've read on these forums, Stanford seems to be slightly more stringent after interviews (or maybe just less stringent before them?), but I'd expect the odds are still above 60–70%. I'll still be preparing well, but I don't think it should be worth stressing about. See you there!

Edited by Some violinist

On January 24, 2018 at 1:17 PM, bmeupscotty said:

UNC/NCSU recruitment: February 22-23 (arrive late in the day on the 21st)

Did you receive information about recruitment in a email separate from your "Check your application" email I would assume? I was also accepted but have not received any information about that event.

On 1/26/2018 at 3:45 PM, CleverDisplayName said:

Did you receive information about recruitment in a email separate from your "Check your application" email I would assume? I was also accepted but have not received any information about that event.

Hi! Yes, I got a separate email from the department inviting me. Details were in an attached letter from the Director of Graduate Studies.