Portfolio Website Builder ?

IrisR

Who have you used to build your portfolio website?

What do you like about them?

How user-friendly is yours?

Cost? 

Do you own your domain name?

• SmugMug.
  • Squarespace.
  • Portfoliobox.
  • Cargo.
  • Format.
  • Carbonmade.
  • Moonfruit.
  • Dribbble.
  • other

If you want it to be a long term thing, I recommend Reclaim Hosting, which is targeted to students and faculty. 

It's pretty cheap ($30/year for domain reg + hosting), and has great service. 

I visited the site and I agree that the cost is pretty fair. I have build website in the past but like to move away from having to do that. I just can't keep up and it keeps me away from creating my work. Reclaim Hosting seem to be just a hosting site where you park you website am I correct?

Edited by IrisR

Any site like that depends on what you put on it. 

For instance, if you want something simpler to update you can host a site and install WordPress, and maintain your site that way. 

But yes, it's just a hosting company.

• 3 weeks later...

I use Squarespace.

I find the layout very appealing. My template is clean, easy to navigate, and shows thumbnails. Even without a domain name, I don't have to contend with gaudy advertisements on the bottom of my site.

I found it to be pretty easy to use. Linking PDF's was a bit tricky to figure out at first, but it's not complicated. It's very easy to add a new page/images/etc

I don't have a registered domain, so I pay $12 a month. It's a better deal if you just purchase a year, but it's a little pricey. 

I don't own my domain name. I don't really care either. Anyone that wants to see it will usually see a link on my Instagram, so it's easy to click and go.