2018 Acceptance/Rejection Thread

mynameismyname

50 minutes ago, Humever said:

OMG, in the following two weeks, all schools will finish sending out offers and waitlists!!  

Not quite, plenty of schools send out offers in March. NYU comes to mind.

21 minutes ago, ButWhy said:

Still waiting for a bone :|

Fingers crossed for you. I don't think we're even a third of the way through yet.

26 minutes ago, Humever said:

Early March is within the following two weeks.  I bet that acceptances will all be sent out within these two weeks.

Fingers crossed for Rutgers. I know I shouldn't be this attached given the odds, but I've spent so much time in their department for the last year or so that it already feels like home...and they've consistently released decisions on March 3rd for the last 3 years acc. to that Phil. blog with the dates.

7 hours ago, PhiloStorian said:

I've been accepted at Maryland! I received an email from the department coordinator about 20 minutes ago with the offer attached. Full support ~$20,000 for five years. I am so stoked, this is my first PhD acceptance!

That's rad.  Well done!

10 hours ago, Fregeskind said:

Congrats, buddy. Do you think they are done sending out acceptances?  

Thanks! Are they done sending out acceptances? Hard to say. I head they were planning on only admitting 4 this year. So my guess is they will make 8 offers and create a waitlist (for an incoming class of 4). So there's definitely still a chance you could receive an offer. 

11 minutes ago, mynameismyname said:

Thanks! Are they done sending out acceptances? Hard to say. I head they were planning on only admitting 4 this year. So my guess is they will make 8 offers and create a waitlist (for an incoming class of 4). So there's definitely still a chance you could receive an offer. 

I assume that they are still in the process of sending out acceptances, since the person on Facebook received the email today. Good luck to you!

Hey, what is the name of this Facebook group/are more people posting there? Just trying to figure out where I am while slowly losing hope. Wustl, umd, and Wisconsin were all schools I thought would be nice fits and it's looking like all acceptances have been sent out for each. I've only heard back from one school which was a rejection from ubc, so just looking for a glimmer of hope at this point.

4 minutes ago, philoguy said:

Hey, what is the name of this Facebook group/are more people posting there? Just trying to figure out where I am while slowly losing hope. Wustl, umd, and Wisconsin were all schools I thought would be nice fits and it's looking like all acceptances have been sent out for each. I've only heard back from one school which was a rejection from ubc, so just looking for a glimmer of hope at this point.

Should be able to access from this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1575546452486383/

just want to rant - so far with a handful of rejections from PhD programs and 1 acceptance from an MA (not top choice, poor funding) -  that (1) this a very prolonged predicament for those of us with less options to choose from than what we'd like and that (2) the lingering hope for the next 2 weeks is a dangerous thing! Huge respect for the person accepted by Brown after a second Masters - you've kept the good fight and i sincerely wish you decades of success ahead.

So far I've had an acceptance (with full funding) from UIUC, and no news at all from any of the other 11 I applied to. Seem to have managed to apply to all the places that give responses out late! This is unbearably stressful but at least we know it'll all be behind us soon!

Anyone here claim the other UIUC acceptance and wouldn't mind telling me what your AOIs are?