How much should I contact POI after getting interview invite?

I have a few visits coming up and I was wondering if I should be emailing with my POI before them about research ideas, or if I should just wait until the weekend to discuss everything. I feel like it's weird to go somewhat silent, but I don't want to be sending insignificant emails just to keep up contact. Does anyone have any advice for this situation? 

On 1/18/2018 at 9:35 AM, rich uncle skeleton said:

I have a few visits coming up and I was wondering if I should be emailing with my POI before them about research ideas, or if I should just wait until the weekend to discuss everything. I feel like it's weird to go somewhat silent, but I don't want to be sending insignificant emails just to keep up contact. Does anyone have any advice for this situation? 

I'm not sure what program you are applying to, if it is a science, you can email with questions about previous research they have conducted. You have to remember that professors are very very busy, they do not have time to answer every email from applicants, so if you do not get a response, do not take it personally. 

On 1/19/2018 at 3:09 PM, gnossienne n.3 said:

Is it all right to email POIs to let them know I'll be coming to campus for an interview or should I assume I'm going to meet with them? (In this particular case I haven't spoken directly with the POI, only emailed)

I would email them letting them know that you will be on campus, this way on the off chance that you don't get the chance to meet with them during the interview process, you could set up another time. On the flip side, if the professor is very interested in speaking with you they can request that they meet with you during the interview process.