$$ Money $$ for Grad school Speech Pathology

So I'm going to be optimist and hope I am accepted into a graduate school this year, but I'm just wondering about how to pay for it?  Anyone been there, done that?  Or know someone who is.

My credit is mediocre and I don't have much saved up.  Also I don't have a cosigner.  I work full time now, but I know you can't work at all during these programs. 

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Thanks for the advice.  I have an evening job I plan to keep part-time, but some of the programs warn not to work at all.  I feel like no matter what, I will have to take out substantial gradPlus loans though.  I don't see any other way :-/

17 hours ago, Carlee said:

Thanks for the advice.  I have an evening job I plan to keep part-time, but some of the programs warn not to work at all.  I feel like no matter what, I will have to take out substantial gradPlus loans though.  I don't see any other way :-/

i recently talked to some former grad studentst from Fresno State (which is one of those programs that states that you won't have any time to work), and almost all of them worked ~10-20 hours a week. Granted, that isn't a ton of hours, but it helps pay for rent/books/food. I think it's mostly just important to find a job that is willing to work with your schedule.

I would recommend doing Uber since you can do it during at time, or selling some of your old stuff on Poshmark or Mercari. I know it isn't much but having some kind of money come in is better than nothing.

• 1 month later...

Currently have two part-time jobs on-campus, they're both a little sporadic so my total hours per week is probably 10-15. I think it's doable, though my program doesn't suggest to not work, just to be realistic about your time. It's not much but it helps! If I budget particularly well I even pay back some of my loan interest to keep that down. My suggestion is to find something on-campus because they tend to be more flexible and understanding of student schedules. A lot of students I know babysit and actually make some decent money that way, too.