Columbia Social Work Program Fall 2018

lanabeni

4 minutes ago, Sunset95 said:

Well then by that timeline I should've heard back in January...?

Yeah, if anything, I'm even more confused about what's going on now, especially since some people who applied in January and February have already heard back. My guess is they're saying 8-10 weeks just to cover their bases, but it's still very disheartening especially since I'm supposed to let other schools know of my decision by early to mid-April (and I already got an extension from one of them).

18 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

Yeah, if anything, I'm even more confused about what's going on now, especially since some people who applied in January and February have already heard back. My guess is they're saying 8-10 weeks just to cover their bases, but it's still very disheartening especially since I'm supposed to let other schools know of my decision by early to mid-April (and I already got an extension from one of them).

Yeah. Thankfully I got an extension from Penn and NYU actually gave me until the 20th so hopefully they make good on their promise and I hear back this week??

5 minutes ago, Sunset95 said:

Yeah. Thankfully I got an extension from Penn and NYU actually gave me until the 20th so hopefully they make good on their promise and I hear back this week??

Oh, that’s great news! They said within 10 days for you sometime last week, right?

29 minutes ago, Sunset95 said:

Quick question: When did Penn give you an extension until? I am going to email them today about an extension, but wasn't sure if they gave them/how far out to ask..

FYI- Also, waiting to hear back from Columbia. Applied 12/1 for traditional two year program, clinical, school-based and school linked services.

Edited by MSWF2018

16 minutes ago, MSWF2018 said:

Quick question: When did Penn give you an extension until? I am going to email them today about an extension, but wasn't sure if they gave them/how far out to ask..

FYI- Also, waiting to hear back from Columbia. Applied 12/1 for traditional two year program, clinical, school-based and school linked services.

Penn gave me until April 2. Hopefully I'll hear back from Columbia by then!

1 hour ago, doctormelody said:

Y'ALL. Okay, I just called, and the guy looked me up, and he said that it usually takes 8-10 weeks for a decision to come out... meaning I should expect to hear back the third week of April. :o I was not expecting that at all, but I guess that means that other people who applied on or around the 15th should expect to hear back then too? Wow. I really hope he was just erring on the side of caution...

Interesting. So I guess the people who applied since November/December should hear back this week since 8-10 weeks was near the end of February...lol

1 hour ago, lanabeni said:

Interesting. So I guess the people who applied since November/December should hear back this week since 8-10 weeks was near the end of February...lol

Theoretically, but according to that timeline @Sunset95 should have heard back in January, so who knows...

7 hours ago, MSW2018?? said:

You have a lot of experience. That counts! When did you apply?

2/15... I had a “what are you waiting for” moment & grabbed it! 

So I’m just hanging around here, ready to make soothing noises and give encouragement to all the priority peeps who are still waiting!

17 minutes ago, Chebrutta said:

2/15... I had a “what are you waiting for” moment & grabbed it! 

So I’m just hanging around here, ready to make soothing noises and give encouragement to all the priority peeps who are still waiting!

I admire your measured perspective. I also applied 2/15 and I'm already losing my mind, lol.

I admire your measured perspective. I also applied 2/15 and I'm already losing my mind, lol.

Insert soothing noises and a nice cup of tea/coffee. 

You got this! Send out positive vibes into the world. The wheels are in motion; don’t add anxiety to it! Think about all the great things you can do in the next 5-7 weeks instead of feeling anxious.

14 minutes ago, Chebrutta said:

Insert soothing noises and a nice cup of tea/coffee. 

You got this! Send out positive vibes into the world. The wheels are in motion; don’t add anxiety to it! Think about all the great things you can do in the next 5-7 weeks instead of feeling anxious.

That's a really good point. It's out of my hands now, there's no point worrying about it nonstop. Does anyone have any tips to stop obsessing? (For real. I'm pitiful. Lol.)

That's a really good point. It's out of my hands now, there's no point worrying about it nonstop. Does anyone have any tips to stop obsessing? (For real. I'm pitiful. Lol.)

Get on some of those things you’ve been putting off! Clean out your closet. Scan in all the family pictures to the cloud. Read a book you’ve been meaning to read. Have nightly pajama dance party in your living room!