Columbia Social Work Program Fall 2018

lanabeni

2 hours ago, MSW2018?? said:

Not yet, i got into Fordham & University at Buffalo (both online clinical msw). My application for Columbia still says submitted

Gotcha. I didn’t realize that the online program offered scholarships, or I probably would have applied for that instead. Ah, well. You live and you learn. 

Quick question to admitted Columbia students.! For those who have received their financial packages, do you mind sharing what you received? Specifically for advanced standing applicants. If you don’t mind sharing of course!  If you would rather PM me, you are more than welcome to.

10 hours ago, Kat_MSW2018 said:

Quick question to admitted Columbia students.! For those who have received their financial packages, do you mind sharing what you received? Specifically for advanced standing applicants. If you don’t mind sharing of course!  If you would rather PM me, you are more than welcome to.

I received 11K in scholarships. I was a little disappointed to be honest. It seems like most others got 18k or so. 

I submitted an appeal so we'll see if they'll bump me up at all. NYU offered me 17k. 

9 hours ago, JonoDuncan said:

I received 11K in scholarships. I was a little disappointed to be honest. It seems like most others got 18k or so. 

I submitted an appeal so we'll see if they'll bump me up at all. NYU offered me 17k. 

Thank you for this!!! Oh GOODNESS. If I only get 11k I will be highly upset. Have you been working full time or something?

Im hoping for the 18k as well. NYU offered the same.

13 hours ago, Kat_MSW2018 said:

Thank you for this!!! Oh GOODNESS. If I only get 11k I will be highly upset. Have you been working full time or something?

Im hoping for the 18k as well. NYU offered the same.

Yeah I've been working full time and I'm also married. My wife works as well. 

It isn't really fair to base it off that though because when we move I will be unemployed. Our financial situation will be so different! I received a fairly promising email from the dean on Friday who said I'll hear back about a "revised package" this week. 

On 3/24/2018 at 11:42 AM, Kat_MSW2018 said:

I got $15,000 for this academic year. I'm online clinical 2 years.

A question for those that have been admitted or waitlisted: when a decison has been made, does it still say "Submitted" on the portal? I just want to know so I can stop psyching myself up to receive a decision when I check...

Edited by doctormelody

14 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

A question for those that have been admitted or waitlisted: when a decison has been made, does it still say "Submitted" on the portal? I just want to know so I can stop psyching myself up to receive a decision when I check...

It'll say there's a status update on the page. But everywhere else it still says submitted. 

5 hours ago, MSW2018?? said:

For those of us that haven't heard back hopefully we hear back this week with admissions decisions!

Here's to hoping! At this point I just wanted to KNOW lol. The waiting is killing me. I guess I'm testing my delayed gratification

6 minutes ago, sjbarton93 said:

Here's to hoping! At this point I just wanted to KNOW lol. The waiting is killing me. I guess I'm testing my delayed gratification

Same! I keep checking the portal obsessively for that status update, like...

Image result for impatient gifs

Edited by doctormelody

7 minutes ago, Chebrutta said:

Monday role call? Who’s still waiting and when you applied?

Thursday seems to be the day... guessing the committee meets once a week, submits the paperwork, and then we just wait to see what happens!

Still waiting. (Who is surprised? Not me.) Applied 2/15. 

I feel like people have gotten decisions not on a Thursday before? Now I need to go back and check, lol...

Hi friends! I was waitlisted. Does anyone have any insight as to how the waitlist process works? Is there a particular 'order' by which applicants are admitted? Thank you to anyone who can provide insight. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear. 

14 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

Hey @KS100 was it an email? Or did you just check the portal? I'm sorry I don't have any info about how their waitlist works, I wish I did because it's probably the best I can hope for, lol.

I received an e-mail informing me that my application status was updated. After you click "Submitted" on the portal, the next page indicates you have a decision to click-on. Hope this helped!

7 minutes ago, KS100 said:

I received an e-mail informing me that my application status was updated. After you click "Submitted" on the portal, the next page indicates you have a decision to click-on. Hope this helped!

It does, thank you! Apparently sometimes people don't receive the email until a while after their status updates. Do you mind sharing when you got the email? Sorry to be so annoying!