Louisiana Schools 2018

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knew more about LSUHSC-NOLA! I had the interview with them, and loved the faculty and what they had to say! I'm a Texas native at a school in TX, but my family was born and raised in Louisiana, so I'd be close to loved ones if I went there!

I guess just in general, if you know anything about this program, feel free to share!

4 hours ago, g_slp said:

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knew more about LSUHSC-NOLA! I had the interview with them, and loved the faculty and what they had to say! I'm a Texas native at a school in TX, but my family was born and raised in Louisiana, so I'd be close to loved ones if I went there!

I guess just in general, if you know anything about this program, feel free to share!

Hi! Have my interview with them tomorrow... any tips?! 

When I met with them over the summer they seemed very medical-based (they have a cadaver lab.. how cool). I don’t think GA positions are available but pretty well-esteemed faculty from what I hear & good research opportunities!! 

Hope this helps & hope your interview went well!! :) 

On 2/1/2018 at 8:48 PM, TurboDog15 said:

Awesome! I met with the clinical director in July at the ASHA conference and she gave me a few good tips! We can send our resumes, etc. to Dr. Savage via email - she said she isn't sure if it plays into the process (they don't look at them in the actual deliberation), but said that specific director will honor anything via email, if that makes sense. 

So, did you end up emailing your resume or your statement of purpose to Dr. Savage? I'm debating emailing it in!

17 hours ago, Sroselsu said:

Does anyone know any kind of information about Southern University in Baton Rouge LA? Do they have a good speech program? Information on their program is very hard to come by. 

Thanks in advance!

My aunt used to be the Department Head at Southeastern. The program has been doing really well recently. They have a great program if you're interested in the clinical side of speech pathology. They have just started incorporating a therapy dog into some of their sessions, which I think is pretty unique. Overall a good program, but at the end of the day the decision should be based on where you feel the most comfortable and where you think you will grow the most in preparation for entering into the profession.

6 minutes ago, maryfrances said:

My aunt used to be the Department Head at Southeastern. The program has been doing really well recently. They have a great program if you're interested in the clinical side of speech pathology. They have just started incorporating a therapy dog into some of their sessions, which I think is pretty unique. Overall a good program, but at the end of the day the decision should be based on where you feel the most comfortable and where you think you will grow the most in preparation for entering into the profession.

She's talking about southern, not SE

7 minutes ago, edardi1 said:

Lsu and ull were due around the same time, so maybe we will hear from UL soon!  fingers crossed!

Lol I go to UL and not holding my breath about hearing soon. I bet it is going to be like 2-3 weeks from now. ?

2 hours ago, CajunSLP18 said:

Lol I go to UL and not holding my breath about hearing soon. I bet it is going to be like 2-3 weeks from now. ?

you're probably right.  they supposedly didn't get my final transcripts even though lsuhsc and uh got them the same day.  I had to overnight them and they got then this past Monday.  I'm hoping that doesn't negatively affect my acceptance.  

On 2/11/2018 at 1:13 PM, CajunSLP18 said:

I am applying to UL! I am there for undergrad right now. All I need to do is submit my LOI. This is so nerve-racking. 

I PM'd you a question about UL.