Louisiana Schools 2018

On 3/20/2018 at 9:23 PM, slpcajun said:

Awesome!  Did they mention how competitive it is and how many apply vs how many are accepted?  Just curious 

I also would like to know.  

22 hours ago, edardi1 said:

I still haven't heard from LSUHSC-NO.  not sure what the dealio is.  I was never interviewed, but I would think I would have heard something by now. 

I'm not sure how they conduct their process or if they send acceptances in rounds..but I imagine they would have done all interviews by now? But who knows! I inquired about my spot on the waitlist but have not heard back...I imagine we would find out final decisions within the next couple of weeks? Hang in there! :) 

7 hours ago, TurboDog15 said:

I'm not sure how they conduct their process or if they send acceptances in rounds..but I imagine they would have done all interviews by now? But who knows! I inquired about my spot on the waitlist but have not heard back...I imagine we would find out final decisions within the next couple of weeks? Hang in there! :) 

Thanks.  I doubt I'll be contacted for an interview at this point, but I figured I at least would have heard something by now.  A waiting game is no fun!  lol

3 hours ago, edardi1 said:

Thanks.  I doubt I'll be contacted for an interview at this point, but I figured I at least would have heard something by now.  A waiting game is no fun!  lol

It certainly is NOT! Hoping decision day comes faster than it seems ! 

On 3/20/2018 at 9:23 PM, slpcajun said:

Awesome!  Did they mention how competitive it is and how many apply vs how many are accepted?  Just curious 

They didn't really mention how many apply vs how many accepted, but to me it seemed like it would be just as competitive as any other school.

41 minutes ago, CL2018 said:

They didn't really mention how many apply vs how many accepted, but to me it seemed like it would be just as competitive as any other school.

drats ;)

11 hours ago, CL2018 said:

At one point I remember hearing that basically anyone who applied there got accepted.  However, I can't imagine that's true.  There has to be a limit.

1 hour ago, Sroselsu said:

Does anyone know what date LSU shreveport accepted students have to accept/reject their spot by? Just wondering because I am waitlisted... Thanks !!!

They had to make a decision by March 26th, this past Monday. I called last week and was told I was an alternate as well, but that they should know more the beginning of this week. So I am anxiously waiting to hear something! Did they by chance tell you how far down you were on the waitlist? 

11 hours ago, slpcajun said:

At one point I remember hearing that basically anyone who applied there got accepted.  However, I can't imagine that's true.  There has to be a limit.

I applied to Southern in Feb. haven't heard back yet, do they really accept anyone who applies? I hope so!

1 hour ago, morgan_dani said:

I applied to Southern in Feb. haven't heard back yet, do they really accept anyone who applies? I hope so!

I'm thinking that has to be a rumor.  Unless not many people know about Southern University and not many people apply there.

1 hour ago, morgan_dani said:

Plus, I'm sure most of their own SLP undergrads apply for grad school there.  I assume it's at least a little competitive

20 hours ago, SLP17 said:

They had to make a decision by March 26th, this past Monday. I called last week and was told I was an alternate as well, but that they should know more the beginning of this week. So I am anxiously waiting to hear something! Did they by chance tell you how far down you were on the waitlist? 

Nope, you?

I just got off of the waitlist at LSUHSC-NO! Ahhh! Freaking out bc this is my #1 choice but now also torn bc I have an acceptance to Southeastern & they have opportunities to go for free vs. loans at LSUHSC. LSUHSC also starts in a month & I live in California currently!! Oi... big decision to make.. can anyone shed some insight? 

16 hours ago, TurboDog15 said:

I just got off of the waitlist at LSUHSC-NO! Ahhh! Freaking out bc this is my #1 choice but now also torn bc I have an acceptance to Southeastern & they have opportunities to go for free vs. loans at LSUHSC. LSUHSC also starts in a month & I live in California currently!! Oi... big decision to make.. can anyone shed some insight? 

I would 100% choose LSUNO over Southeastern. Mostly because they have such a good program and medical opportunities.