Louisiana Schools 2018

22 hours ago, SLP17 said:

Did anyone apply to LSUHSC - Shreveport?? Also, does ULL send out emails or letters?

I called LSU S today, and they sent out the first round of rejection letters this week. The rest of the acceptance/rejection letters will be sent out by the end of next week.

1 hour ago, Sroselsu said:

I called LSU S today, and they sent out the first round of rejection letters this week. The rest of the acceptance/rejection letters will be sent out by the end of next week.

I know 3 people so far who have been accepted to LSUHSC-Shreveport. I know they definitely send their letters out in waves! Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for the information! Did they send out first round of acceptance AND rejection letters this week? 

9 minutes ago, SLP17 said:

I know 3 people so far who have been accepted to LSUHSC-Shreveport. I know they definitely send their letters out in waves! Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for the information! Did they send out first round of acceptance AND rejection letters this week? 

They did not tell me about acceptance letters being sent out this week. The lady just said that I should expect an acceptance or rejection letter via email by the end of next week!

6 minutes ago, Sroselsu said:

They did not tell me about acceptance letters being sent out this week. The lady just said that I should expect an acceptance or rejection letter via email by the end of next week!

That is so strange. The 3 that I know have been accepted received letters via mail Wednesday and Thursday of this week. Who did you speak with if you don't mind me asking? 

5 minutes ago, SLP17 said:

That is so strange. The 3 that I know have been accepted received letters via mail Wednesday and Thursday of this week. Who did you speak with if you don't mind me asking? 

I think Lindsay, but I honestly don't remember for sure lol. She was very nice though and said to call back if I had any other questions. Maybe she meant that they will finish sending out letters by next week.

1 hour ago, TurboDog15 said:

Hey! Have you heard any of your fellow undergrads being waitlisted or rejected yet? Still waiting to hear :) 

Nope. I’m not sure if they have sent them yet. Only heard of acceptances so far. 

I've heard Southern University in Baton Rouge is an option for applicants who may be a little less competitive because of lower GPA and GRE scores.   They have an April 15th deadline.  You can find information on their website.  Good luck to all!

Edited by slpcajun

On February 25, 2018 at 9:24 PM, Sroselsu said:

Does anyone know any kind of information about Southern University in Baton Rouge LA? Do they have a good speech program? Information on their program is very hard to come by. 

Thanks in advance!

Southern University in Baton Rouge has a good program and it's not as difficult to get accepted.  They have a later application deadline of April 15th, also.  Good luck!

2 hours ago, slpcajun said:

Southern University in Baton Rouge has a good program and it's not as difficult to get accepted.  They have a later application deadline of April 15th, also.  Good luck!

I'm pretty sure Southern's due date was March 1st even though it says different on the website.  Or at least thats what they told us when I went to the open house in the fall. So I would call the program to double check first.

Edited by CL2018

31 minutes ago, CL2018 said:

I'm pretty sure Southern's due date was March 1st even though it says different on the website.  Or at least thats what they told us when I went to the open house in the fall. So I would call the program to double check first.

I spoke with them today and they said it was April 15th.  They also sent me an email today saying April 15th.  Two different people.

3 hours ago, slpcajun said:

I'm pretty sure southerns due date was March 1st even though it says different on the website.  Or at least thats what they told us when I went to the open house in the fall. So I would call the program to double check first.

9 minutes ago, slpcajun said:

I spoke with them today and they said it was April 15th.  They also sent me an email today saying April 15th.  Two different people.

Oh okay, idk why they told us that then. lol 

10 minutes ago, CL2018 said:

I'm pretty sure southerns due date was March 1st even though it says different on the website.  Or at least thats what they told us when I went to the open house in the fall. So I would call the program to double check first.

Oh okay, idk why they told us that then. lol 

Did you apply at Southern?  How was their open house?

16 minutes ago, slpcajun said:

Did you apply at Southern?  How was their open house?

Yes! Their open house was really nice. They talked about a little bit of everything like admissions, curriculum, and clinic etc. Very informative. They seem to have a good program. 

Edited by CL2018

8 minutes ago, CL2018 said:

Yes! Their open house was really nice. They talked about a little bit of everything like admissions, curriculum, and clinic etc. Very informative. They seem to have a good program. 

Awesome!  Did they mention how competitive it is and how many apply vs how many are accepted?  Just curious