Win

I love doing research, no doubt about that. I have 4 publications in international journals by the time I finished my Bachelors of which two were first-author. However, I realize the cost of a PhD - in terms of the time - that I cannot afford. Instead I have chosen Masters for probably having my last official research experience (though I am sure I would continue that independently later).

So, I want to do research in Masters, but settle in the industry later as opposed to going for a PhD. With these possibly conflicting issues, I had applied to MSc at UBC and MSc AC at UofT. What do you suggest? If the UofT brand largely shadows UBC later for jobs, I would rather go there. Also, if the MSc AC included research component that is more of fundamental than applied, I would be okay.

Since I would be going for a job for sure later anyhow (but applying to have my last dedicated research experience - to which I am fully committed), let me know what you would do if you were me? Thanks.

Edited by Win