The University of Texas at Dallas

40 minutes ago, lbh33 said:

May I ask what you emailed him when you asked about your application status? I am considering doing something similar to get an idea of when I'll hear back but don't want to come off wrong 

Him and I have been in contact since late last summer because I did a campus visit and he wanted me to follow up with him about a few different things. I am going to Dallas next week to look at housing - I planned on moving to Dallas even if I did not get accepted and he knew that. So I asked him if I would hear back before I went to go look at housing next week because that would effect where I looked to live and that is when he told me I will be accepted. From talking to him and one other staff member, it was expressed how busy this and next week is for everyone there. His email stated, " UT Dallas is having its re-accreditation site visit all next week and Callier is being visited on Monday.  It’s basically consuming all of my time because we have to keep producing documents for the site visitors.  I think there are probably a lot of students wondering what’s going on with admissions." 

Personally, I would wait and see if you don't hear something by mid-next week. I felt odd asking him about the time frame of when I should be hearing back, but since I am going down next week to look at housing I felt the need to. 

I hope you hear something soon! Good Luck!

I looked at my portal and it said I have been admitted! I have not received an email from Dr. Stillman yet, so if you have not looked at your portal recently you probably should! I will be starting this Summer!!

Good luck everyone!

29 minutes ago, abigailnicole said:

I looked at my portal and it said I have been admitted! I have not received an email from Dr. Stillman yet, so if you have not looked at your portal recently you probably should! I will be starting this Summer!!

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations!! If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? 

2 hours ago, abigailnicole said:

Good luck everyone!

Is this the galaxy portal? 

1 hour ago, hopefullyslp2be said:

Congratulations!! If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? 

My GPA was a 3.93 when I applied, but my GRE scores weren't great. They were 144 in Q and 151 in V. 

Edited by abigailnicole

47 minutes ago, L123 said:

has anyone else heard anything? I am getting so worried!

I have not heard anything either! What does your status say on the galaxy portal? Mine says awaiting documents, but I have submitted my transcripts on the application. I heard this was an error though.

5 minutes ago, Allison0302 said:

I have not heard anything either! What does your status say on the galaxy portal? Mine says awaiting documents, but I have submitted my transcripts on the application. I heard this was an error though.

Mine also says this, but I am confused because I thought you could submit uploaded unofficial transcripts through the application. 

1 hour ago, Allison0302 said:

mine says that too and its talking about my final college transcripts but I called and they said it is just on there for basically everyone so not to worry about it but yes that's all mine says! Really anxious to find out, hope it is this week

There's still no updates on my application, either (says awaiting documents).  I'm starting to give up any hope with this school, especially since I am also an out of state applicant.

18 minutes ago, SayRuhh said:

There's still no updates on my application, either (says awaiting documents).  I'm starting to give up any hope with this school, especially since I am also an out of state applicant.

I feel the same way, I'm also out of state and getting so nervous! This is my top school and the waiting is so hard.

6 minutes ago, SayRuhh said:

Don't give up!! I have a friend who is in the graduate program who was accepted mid March! Don't lose hope.

I still haven't heard anything yet! My application status still says "awaiting documents." I just really want an answer so I can start planning where I am going! And they are on spring break this upcoming week so I'm not sure if I can even expect anything until the following week... getting so nervous

23 minutes ago, L123 said:

I still haven't heard anything yet! My application status still says "awaiting documents." I just really want an answer so I can start planning where I am going! And they are on spring break this upcoming week so I'm not sure if I can even expect anything until the following week... getting so nervous

My application says the same still. I know how you feel. Hopefully we hear back nothing but good news soon! 

I think at this point they have given out the first wave of acceptances.  Now the school has to wait for a decline or no before they can offer that spot to anyone else.  So I'd think right now if you haven't heard you're either in the pile of maybes if a slot opens up or denials that may not get processed until after spring break.  

Not to discourage anyone but it you are fully accepted somewhere else don't throw that away!  You can always email if a deadline is approaching to show continued interest!  

Also they don't have much funding for out of state applicants so tend to offer to more in state ppl bc they are more likely to attend.  If you're out of state and are financially fortunate enough to foot that bill possibly letting them know that somehow might help.  Tactfully of course!

@hopefullyslp2be Still nothing...I'm trying not to stress out about it anymore lol.

@CBG321  Thanks for the insight! I'm trying not to worry about it too much anymore because the only way that I would be able to attend UTD is if I was offered funding. So maybe waiting is a good thing :)