The University of Texas at Dallas

For anyone that has applied to UT Dallas, have you heard anything back yet? I applied mid November for the Summer 2018 semester. When I go to the galaxy portal to look at my application status I noticed that on my to do list "final college transcript" has been added. I know "Official college transcript" will always be on your to do list, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed that "final college transcript" was also added to their portal? I am hoping that is a good sign since they only need that if you are accepted?!

It is my 1st choice and I am super anxious to know if I got in so I can start looking for places to live! I am moving from Ohio, so the sooner I find out the better! Also, if you have heard back did you receive any funding? Thanks! 

For the people that have heard back, did Dr. Stillman send your acceptance email to your personal email account associated with the application? Or your UTD email? Also, did you all receive any funding??

He sends it to your email listed on the application.  Most aren't offered funding, if you are in state the price is comparable to other programs, and cheaper than private schools even if they offer scholarships.  You can calculate the cost on UTDs financial page.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Brittanymarie said:

Have y'all heard back yet? I applied in the Fall and haven't heard anything...I've seen that some people with lower GPA/GRE have already heard back and it makes me nervous...

I'm in the same boat as you. I've been noticing the same in regards to GPA/GRE scores. I've been constantly checking my email and the portal as most people say that Dr. Stillman will email you personally once you've been offered admission. Hopefully we'll hear back soon!!

@Brittanymarie @lbh33 I still have not heard back either and I applied mid November! They are my first choice as well. I wake up every morning hoping that it will be the day I hear back from them, and the waiting is awful!! 

I applied in October, but my letters of recommendation weren't completed until late January, so my application wasn't really complete until then. I heard from Dr. Stillman about 2 weeks ago, but I'm not sure how they choose the order they view applications (my last name starts with L). He also said applying for work study through FAFSA helps with funding, and the in-state tuition rates for out-of-state students will be given out later.

Edited by cblars

I'm glad we all obsessively check our email and it's not just me! My GPA and GRE scores and right in the same area as the other acceptances so I'm just hoping to hear something soon. I looked at the results from last year on here and starting about mid march people started to say that they checked the portal and it said they were rejected. So I think we still have time!

@QuickLikeA if you go to the results there will be a little red diamond next to some of the "accepted via email" areas of the people who posted the results and if you hover your mouse over it you can see their gpa and gre scores. I hope that makes sense!

Edited by SLPLiz

My daughter is a grad student at UTD and I encourage you to fill out Fafsa. As a grad student you are considered independent so you don't have to provide parents income. She ended up reducing 5 or 6k each year in grants (not loans) as well as work study ( basically 10 hours per week at about $10 per hour). By applying, she even received some aid for her summer session. 

She also received  in state tuition which was offered at acceptance. But my understanding is that it has since changed as they don't have as many to offer. UTD had been nice because the price stayed the same from your first semester (guaranteed tuition). I think she got 6k first year, maybe 2k for summer and 5 k second year. No work study during summer. Some classes have an extra $40 per unit fee.

Basically, with her financial aid we paid:

$5090 fall 2016 

$6090 spring 2017

$4349 summer 2017

$4690 fall 2017

$4469 spring 2018

When she originally applied, I was expecting about 15k per semester (out of state tuition) for about 75k for 5 semesters. So I was thrilled with what she was given.

i hope this info helps out someone.

On February 19, 2018 at 4:28 PM, Brittanymarie said:

@lbh33 Acceptances! I'm thinking they might do admissions alphabetically??The three people I know have last names that start with C. I'm not sure if it is a coincidence or not.

They don't do it alphabetically.  Good luck!

Hey guys! So I talked to Dr. Stillman and he said they are working from the top down (accepting best candidates) and bottom up (denying worst candidates) so that means if you have not heard back yet and your application was completed a few months back, you are most likely somewhere in the middle. He also mentioned that there are very few in state tuition scholarships this year, therefore they have been very reluctant to accept out of state students since the cost of attending will be high.