U of Chicago MA Program

Kirby66

Any U of Chicago Religion MA applicants out there? I'll be abroad later this month and unable to check email regularly. I received an email from the dean officially confirming that MA applicants will receive decisions the last week of February. Has anyone heard/read otherwise? Any rejections/acceptances at this point? Just curious... Thank you.

I’m a first-time user of the forum, so thanks for the input. It might put my mind at ease if I shared my stats, and get a sense of whether I’m even a remotely competitive candidate to begin with.

undegrad gpa: 3.89; MA gpa, from an Ivy School: 4.0. I have multiple journal publications, and well as an MA thesis award. Strong LORs, and an average GRE. My background is mainly literature and religion, with some philosophy. I applied without articulating a clear-cut research interest, as it’s an MA program and I wish to keep my options for study open without too narrowly defining my interests at this stage. Is this ok? Do I have a reasonably strong chance? Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/10/2018 at 8:57 AM, Kirby66 said:

I’m a first-time user of the forum, so thanks for the input. It might put my mind at ease if I shared my stats, and get a sense of whether I’m even a remotely competitive candidate to begin with.

undegrad gpa: 3.89; MA gpa, from an Ivy School: 4.0. I have multiple journal publications, and well as an MA thesis award. Strong LORs, and an average GRE. My background is mainly literature and religion, with some philosophy. I applied without articulating a clear-cut research interest, as it’s an MA program and I wish to keep my options for study open without too narrowly defining my interests at this stage. Is this ok? Do I have a reasonably strong chance? Thanks again.

Yes. But you already knew that.