CS Phd program Rutgers vs NorthEastern

I've got cs phd offer from rutgers and NEU. Are they in the almost same tier or which is better in computer science ranking?

It's difficult to compare. Personally, the advantage of RU over NEU are: USNEWS higher ranking, POI has higher citation (3000+ vs 2000+)

Funding is not a problem. My direction is AI, machine learning.

My final goal may be find a job in industry as research scientist, not very interested in faculty though...

Edited by Bill Won

USNews ranks Rutgers (#34) and Northeastern (#60). USNews does rank Programming Language as #13 for Northeastern though whereas they do rank Rutgers. A lot of this depends on your specific interests. There are some important questions to consider besides rank:
Are you interested in the courses offered at each university? What about professors? Is the stipend enough to live on? What are the graduate assistantship requirements? How many courses are required? How long is the program? What other resources does the department offer? Are they placing students in positions that you'd like to work in?

It's difficult to compare. Personally, the advantage of RU over NEU are: USNEWS higher ranking, POI has higher citation (3000+ vs 2000+)

Funding is not a problem. My direction is AI, machine learning.

My final goal may be find a job in industry as research scientist, not very interested in faculty though...

• 1 month later...