Cornell 2018

qeta

Hello! Anybody else considering going to Cornell in the spring or fall? I might be starting a PhD in Development Sociology there, which is housed in the public part of Cornell. Did anybody else know that Cornell is part-private, part-public? Here's some info on its public, "contract colleges" : https://www.sucf.suny.edu/project/mcp/cornell.pdf.

Hi! I've been admitted as well and I'm leaning towards Cornell. I would be going for French Literature. The Humanities Program there is fantastic, I love the interdisciplinary nature, the fit is near-perfect and the funding is outstanding. My one concern is Ithaca and now isolated it is, but I must admit that I've never been. I'll be visiting in a few weeks though, so hopefully that will solidify my decision! 

And I JUST learned about that fun Cornell fact! One of my professors/writers went to Cornell and he loved it, saying that this is actually quite formative in the school's identity as an elite, but incredibly egalitarian, institution. 

I just got accepted to the Medieval Studies program! I'm heavily leaning towards it. I know several people in various programs there currently, have family in the area, and a number of family friends have told me they loved attending grad school there. I went to undergrad in a very similar area to Ithaca and since moving away have missed it terribly, so I'm actually very excited about potentially living in Ithaca!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...