• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DD1 said:

I just received an acceptance email, and a scholarship!! It says that additional information regarding the scholarship offer will be sent via email from the office of financial aid. I have read previous postings and it seems that you are offered funding in your initial offer of admission. 

My scholarship was mentioned in the admissions email as well. The website says that if you're offered a scholarship, it will be included in the email. Maybe funds free up if people decline their offers though? I would call and see!

9 minutes ago, mlr said:

I received a phone call and they said there is one on April 7th!

Thanks for sharing! Did they give any other details or mention that an email with more information would be sent out?

10 minutes ago, Waiting is the Worst said:

Thanks for sharing! Did they give any other details or mention that an email with more information would be sent out?

I only received the email not a phone call. There was only scholarship information in the email:)

19 minutes ago, Waiting is the Worst said:

She didn't say on the phone and I didn't ask because I don't think I'll be able to make the trip :( I'd give admissions a call!

MGH is such a great program, and I'm so happy to have been accepted! 

Is anyone here considering attending without a scholarship? Is it even feasible? It seems like a crazy amount of money I dont know how people are able to attend without funding. 

I'm so excited to have been accepted to MGH! However, my concern is finding housing because it's super expensive in Boston. How are you going about finding apartments and such? I tried to set up an account for MGH's housing portal but they haven't given me approval yet. I want to make sure I can find housing before I commit! 

21 hours ago, barbaripee said:

MGH is such a great program, and I'm so happy to have been accepted! 

Is anyone here considering attending without a scholarship? Is it even feasible? It seems like a crazy amount of money I dont know how people are able to attend without funding. 

I was accepted without funding. It's unfortunate, but since I live in the Boston area and can commute from home, and also because this school is ideal for my goals, I think I'm going to attend anyway. If you don't think that any other school can give you what MGH can, then (IMO) it's worth the price.

On 3/14/2018 at 11:57 AM, MassSLP2be said:

Btw, has a facebook group been made yet? Regardless I hope to see some of you at their Open House!

The program will not make a facebook group, so one of you just needs to go ahead and make one!! If there isn't one yet, you should make one! It's the perfect place to connect and ask questions, and you can always make someone else the admin in the future :) 

On 3/14/2018 at 11:16 AM, SLP2BE21xo said:

I'm so excited to have been accepted to MGH! However, my concern is finding housing because it's super expensive in Boston. How are you going about finding apartments and such? I tried to set up an account for MGH's housing portal but they haven't given me approval yet. I want to make sure I can find housing before I commit! 

i am considering attending w no funding. the program is really good so the loans may be worth it.