Fall 2018 Italian

palabra45

Hello everyone,

surprisingly, there's no thread for Italian this year and I thought I create one. I applied for 4 PhD programs and still waiting for a reply. I had two interviews a few weeks ago but nothing since. Do you people want to share your experiences as well?

Cheers,

P.

EDIT: Yes, I am freaking out and I have a bad feeling about this whole thing.

Edited by SkunkStyle77

I saw the person in that thread too and I was hoping I could attract them here. We'll see, I'm getting impatient but I suppose I cannot get but rejections right now. Knowing from my fellows that they are also in the waiting-limbo would take some stress away.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In my Master's I worked mainly on the Renaissance and the 18th Century but, funnily enough, in the past months I've been focusing mainly on post-unification literature, combined with super-duper-highly-today-hated theories. That's the fit with Brown. What's your focus?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2018 at 9:28 AM, SkunkStyle77 said:

super-duper-highly-today-hated theories

please do elaborate, you got my attention. :D Have you studied in Italy (I'm from Milan btw) or elsewhere?

I'm doing mostly modernism ( mid 19th - early 20th century things) with an avant-garde/experimental/WWI twist, but in the past I worked as well on older stuff (including Latin poetry).

Edited by meliboeus