21 minutes ago, SLP6796 said:

Hi! Did anyone have their Sacred Heart interview this past weekend that could give me some information on how it went? What did you wear, how large were the group interviews, etc...anything would be helpful and appreciated!! :)

Hi! I just went on the Sacred Heart interview on 2/17. We were split up into 3 or 4 groups of about 7 people. There were individual interviews, a group interview, a tour, lunch (provided by the school), and an information Q&A session. Everyone had on either dress pants, blouses, dresses/skirts and tights, and/or blazers. The individual interviews were set up in 6 different stations, each one you were given a question and had two minutes to answer it. This part went by relatively fast! Then my group had a tour, and then the group interview. I wasn't too crazy about the group interview part because I felt that the candidates were speaking over one another, trying to be the one who spoke the most. Basically they just wanted to evaluate how your worked in a group setting and your presentation skills. I think its a great idea for a school to include it, but maybe it was just the other candidates in my group who were acting belligerent. The campus itself is beautiful! And the program sounds amazing! Good Luck!! :):) 

6 minutes ago, TheWaitingGame11 said:

Hi! I just went on the Sacred Heart interview on 2/17. We were split up into 3 or 4 groups of about 7 people. There were individual interviews, a group interview, a tour, lunch (provided by the school), and an information Q&A session. Everyone had on either dress pants, blouses, dresses/skirts and tights, and/or blazers. The individual interviews were set up in 6 different stations, each one you were given a question and had two minutes to answer it. This part went by relatively fast! Then my group had a tour, and then the group interview. I wasn't too crazy about the group interview part because I felt that the candidates were speaking over one another, trying to be the one who spoke the most. Basically they just wanted to evaluate how your worked in a group setting and your presentation skills. I think its a great idea for a school to include it, but maybe it was just the other candidates in my group who were acting belligerent. The campus itself is beautiful! And the program sounds amazing! Good Luck!! :):) 

Thank you so much!! Were the questions in the individual portion more related to you or the field of speech therapy?? 

7 minutes ago, SLP6796 said:

Thank you so much!! Were the questions in the individual portion more related to you or the field of speech therapy?? 

They asked more personal questions.. and they were very open ended. You could apply your life experiences to them. Also, they gave me one situational question where they described a situation and asked me what I would do. It was pretty simple though!

5 minutes ago, TheWaitingGame11 said:

They asked more personal questions.. and they were very open ended. You could apply your life experiences to them. Also, they gave me one situational question where they described a situation and asked me what I would do. It was pretty simple though!

Okay got it! Thank you so much for your help, hope everything works out for you!!