Laurier MSW online acceptance e-mail

SammySam

I have not heard of anything yet.... I am checking my e-mails daily. I did notice though that in the beginning the deadline was March 23rd and now it was March 1st. I noticed that change mid February when I got the call that I'll know by end of February.

I didn't check/notice that.  I was initially told they were doing rolling admissions, I'd hear in 2 weeks.  It got pushed back every time I talked with them.  Maybe they changed their mind on the rolling admissions? 

Oh really? I didn't know about the rolling admissions. And maybe? I really don't know. I am just hoping for the best at this point. Trying to stay positive. But it's sooo frustrating. Do I make summer plans? Because I would need to book of the time ASAP.  I am sure you're in the same boat ahaha.

I'm also feeling the frustration.  It'd be nice to know what's going on.  Or when they call to say they'll let you know by the end of February, you still wouldn't be left wondering in early March.

Right!? Honestly though. They said end of February and now it's March. I was feeling confident about my application and now I am second guessing my application because I haven't heard of anything. And I know generally speaking they send out acceptances first then wait list and then rejections if it's not rolling admission.  All my eggs are in Laurier too.

Thanks for reassuring me that I'm not the only person who hasn't heard anything.  It makes me second-guess what I wrote, wonder if somehow I simply didn't get an email I should have, etc. 

I've also posted in the main Canadian MSW applications thread.  Another response there from someone who hasn't heard anything, contacted Laurier about the part-time program and was told letters would be sent out at the end of March. 

That's some serious short notice.

Hey guys,

I am in the same boat. I was told january and then February and now "a few more weeks". Really looking forward and hopeful to get into this program. I wonder how many applicants versus spots there are?

Hope we all get news soon!

10 hours ago, skd05 said:

Hey guys,

I am in the same boat. I was told january and then February and now "a few more weeks". Really looking forward and hopeful to get into this program. I wonder how many applicants versus spots there are?

Hope we all get news soon!

I'm wondering the same thing.  When I applied I was told the class size is 25 people.  I'm curious how many applicants there are too, especially when they keep extending the timeframe for getting back to you and close the application period early.  I believe that since it's online, it's open to anyone in Canada.  That should really increase the application pool since you don't have to be within a reasonable proximity to campus.

5 minutes ago, skd05 said:

Yeah for sure. But the window to apply was only a month so i cant imagine they had a ton.. you know?

I also thought people would prefer to start in September, to take the summer off first.  Is this the first time they're offering it online? 

I know for the full time 2 year program they had just over 900 applicants last year and 90 spots so I am wondering if we would be expecting the same number of applicants? we just have 25 spots though and the different format of course it being online... and running in the summer months