LIU Post

19 hours ago, speech72 said:

I got in to LIU Post along with a few other schools. I think it is where I want to go but I am nervous to commit. Is anyone in their program already or know someone who is that could help ease my anxiety?

I  hear good and bad things about their program. One of my family friends said she loves the program and the professors, but I've heard that the program is disorganized and that they have a lot of group therapy sessions (some people told me they like this and some people don't) ....Where else have you applied?

4 hours ago, AMI0209 said:

I  hear good and bad things about their program. One of my family friends said she loves the program and the professors, but I've heard that the program is disorganized and that they have a lot of group therapy sessions (some people told me they like this and some people don't) ....Where else have you applied?

That was my worry, I had a meeting with the clinic director and she said that they had a peer mentor program in their clinic. So basically we are paired with second year grad students on the same client and then we work together on it and the 2nd year student is slowly eased out. And I applied to nearly all the same schools you have! I was accepted to Molloy and Adelphi. I interviewed at SHU, and am still waiting to hear back from St. Johns and Hofstra. I am just having such a hard time weighing the pros and cons

On 2/22/2018 at 9:38 PM, speech72 said:

That was my worry, I had a meeting with the clinic director and she said that they had a peer mentor program in their clinic. So basically we are paired with second year grad students on the same client and then we work together on it and the 2nd year student is slowly eased out. And I applied to nearly all the same schools you have! I was accepted to Molloy and Adelphi. I interviewed at SHU, and am still waiting to hear back from St. Johns and Hofstra. I am just having such a hard time weighing the pros and cons

Oh awesome! Congrats on Molloy and Adelphi! I currently go to Molloy and hope to go there for grad school! I have my interview this Friday.

3 hours ago, AMI0209 said:

Oh awesome! Congrats on Molloy and Adelphi! I currently go to Molloy and hope to go there for grad school! I have my interview this Friday.

Good Luck on your interview! I looked a lot into all the programs over the weekend and I am 90% sure I am going to pick Molloy instead of LIU!! Their deadline to decide on my letter is March 15th so I am trying to make my choice soon. 

34 minutes ago, speech72 said:

Good Luck on your interview! I looked a lot into all the programs over the weekend and I am 90% sure I am going to pick Molloy instead of LIU!! Their deadline to decide on my letter is March 15th so I am trying to make my choice soon. 

Thank you! And yeah their deadline is so early! One of my friends who goes to Hofstra for grad school didn't get accepted into their program until April!:unsure:..... so it's kinda annoying that you have to put down the deposit for Molloy so early.  

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/17/2019 at 8:54 PM, SpeechGoddesslol said:

hey i am in liu post right now. in my first year! It's great. the professors are really awesome and so nice. the speech science professor is the one that everyone is not a fan of (if you heard about that). don't be nervous at all! I was too and i am so grateful i picked here

How was taking speech science with that professor? I have heard horror stories. 

On 4/22/2019 at 12:49 PM, SLPapplicant2019 said:

How was taking speech science with that professor? I have heard horror stories. 

lol.. girl don't get me started. i heard them too and they were so true. she's INSANE. a lot of people went and complained though so shes been toning it down lately. i think they are also hiring.