Don't talk about this!!! ?

izmir

31 minutes ago, csantamir said:

Is it fair game to ask specific profs you mentioned in your statement of purpose if they find your research topic interesting? What about your chances of getting in on off the waitlist? And possibly changing your topic and subfield? In the end I did get invited.

The department will probably arrange a meeting between you and profs you mentioned in your sop. If they did not, you can ask them. With regard to your chances of admission, I believe if you did not have a chance, they would not invite you at all. I think you have a good chance. You can ask DGS about waitlist- whether it is short. 

36 minutes ago, Sheldon2017 said:

The department will probably arrange a meeting between you and profs you mentioned in your sop. If they did not, you can ask them. With regard to your chances of admission, I believe if you did not have a chance, they would not invite you at all. I think you have a good chance. You can ask DGS about waitlist- whether it is short. 

This is very helpful, and encouraging – thank you!