Hey everyone! Looking for others applying for Master of Social Work programs in Texas! ?

I'm currently applying to MSW program for Fall 2018, Advanced Standing. SUPER NERVOUS. And only applying to Texas State University & University of Houston. Anyone else? 

Hello! I also applied in Texas! I'm a psychology major and I'm pretty nervous because I don't know much about the decision process for social work programs. I have applied to UH, TXST, and UTSA, and am working on my Baylor in Houston app. I'm not sure if I'll apply to anything else. I'm also not sure how many programs people typically apply to for MSW!!! I am on the tail end of my clinical psych doctoral app/interview season and applied to nine programs for that.

On 3/2/2018 at 11:38 AM, sicm18 said:

Hello! I also applied in Texas! I'm a psychology major and I'm pretty nervous because I don't know much about the decision process for social work programs. I have applied to UH, TXST, and UTSA, and am working on my Baylor in Houston app. I'm not sure if I'll apply to anything else. I'm also not sure how many programs people typically apply to for MSW!!! I am on the tail end of my clinical psych doctoral app/interview season and applied to nine programs for that.

Yay so awesome! :) I saw threads for those applying else where and definitely wanted to see if there are any Texas applicants on here! 

I'm not applying to many MSW programs lol. Im aiming for UH, but I don't mind TXST, currently getting my BSW/ BA in psych there. Good luck with all those applications! After MSW and a few years of working, I'm considering going back for PhD in counseling psychology. 

I'm from Texas, but the only Texas MSW program I applied to is UT Austin. I'm still waiting to hear back from them, but even if I do get in, I automatically didn't qualify for in-state tuition. :( I've been thinking about submitting an appeal because I don't automatically qualify for in-state tuition for the state I've been living in for the past 1.5 years, Tennessee. :rolleyes: