• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Brit011 said:

I'm waitlisted too! GPA 3.4 GRE 153/140/4 I'm trying to remain realistic but I'd love to get an acceptance. I'm currently waitlisted at 3 schools 

I contacted them asking where I was on the waitlist a couple weeks ago and they answered. It was explained to me that they divide their waitlist into thirds. She told me I'm in the second third of the waitlist. It wasn't the best news ever but at this point, I figured you never know how far they go down the list!  I thought I'd let you know so you can give it a shot! WIshing you luck! People might have declined their waitlist spots by now so better chances for us!

They emailed me asking to let them know if I wanted to remain on their waitlist. I emailed them as soon as I found out I was waitlisted, but apparently it never got to them or something. I declined my spot. 

On 4/3/2018 at 2:18 PM, Brit011 said:

I'm waitlisted too! GPA 3.4 GRE 153/140/4 I'm trying to remain realistic but I'd love to get an acceptance. I'm currently waitlisted at 3 schools 

are you staying on the waitlist?

10 minutes ago, Brit011 said:

I just got accepted to two schools in state so I will probably be withdrawing this week! Are you? 

I haven't received any acceptances from my waitlists yet so I will be remaining on the list. Congrats to you!!!

Edited by hopefulSLP2be7

I agree, it seems like it is a lot of people especially because not everyone on the first tier heard from them yet. You would think if they split them up in thirds it would make sense for all of the first tier to get acceptance in the same wave. 

and you said you were in the first third correct? that makes no sense to me! if you didn't hear today how long is their first third?! I highly doubt everyone in the first tier stayed on the waitlist let alone stayed on for this long. How could they have not gotten through the first third in the second round of waitlist acceptances? Seems crazy to me. Im in the second third so i have lost pretty much all hope 

I don't know what part of the waitlist I was in, but I just got accepted today! It was the only school that I had left to possibly attend, so I will definitely be attending in the fall. Good luck to everyone and don't lose hope (definitely thought the update to my portal was a rejection)