So . . . what are you wearing (to recruitment weekends)?

TheNewGuy

Hey y'all. Was wondering what people typically wear/are planning to wear to recruitment weekends (I've already been admitted and have accepted the offer to the school I'm headed out to this weekend). Will be touring the school, meeting with professors, interacting with graduate students (dinner, brunch, etc.). It's over a weekend. 

I was planning to wear a button-up with a nice sweater/cardigan, business casual-ish shoes, and a nice pair of dark jeans. Too casual? Don't want to go the full suit route, wouldn't feel comfortable in that and I think that'd only make sense if I hadn't been admitted into the program already. I have some slacks but they don't fit nearly as well as the jeans do . . . I hate everything to do with clothes! Generally seems program-specific so I thought I'd post in the anthro boards.

Thoughts would be appreciated! 

Edited by AnthroPhDHopeful

I wore dark-ish jeans, flats, and a tank top with a cardigan and fit right in, so I think what you've mentioned is perfect! Half of the people I met with were in workout gear/t-shirts/etc, so I wouldn't worry too much. There were a couple of admits in business casual clothes who looked great, but in my opinion were overdressed. One person wore a t-shirt and flannel and was totally fine. And ffs, don't wear heels unless they are second nature to you or are extremely comfortable ;)

I am huge fan of the dark jeans/nice blouse/flats combo for these visits. One thing that I happened to noticed that my other friends who dealt with different programs don't deal with is that for anthro you're usually touring different labs (sometimes even walking through trails and stuff in my own experience). I would recommend some weather-reasonable layers just because the temperatures can widely vary from location to location!