Idea: Gradcafe Soci GroupMe?

KevinJHa

Gradcafe Sociology GroupMe  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Start a GroupMe?

• Yes this appeals to me
    • No I have enough friends and connections and want to be left alone :P

So I had an idea I wanted to pass along to this thread.

Considering how dense the network of sociologists is, I figure it could be cool to start a GroupMe (It's a free group texting app) for gradcafers who are interested. Even if we all end up going to different schools and have different research interests, there is a high probability that we'll be at similar functions, conferences, and meetings down the road. 

This would give us a space on our phones to:

(1) Casually chat in real-time

(2) Share information on upcoming conferences, meetings, social gatherings, etc.

(3) Share our final application decisions

(4) Ask each other questions and help out each other out when we're in need

(5) etc.

Obviously this is just an idea I wanted to pass along, but if people are interested I could start it up. All you would need to do is download GroupMe and then DM me your phone number so I can add you to the group.

17 hours ago, Len said:

This is a great idea. I'd love to connect to people in our cohort (regardless of school). 

Right?! Message me your number and download GroupMe. I can start it up.

13 hours ago, qeta said:

@KevinJHa You're one of the coolest and nicest people on this board and, hell yeah, I want to stay connected with you and all other likeminded, collegial folks! Congrats on Northeastern - if I end up at Brown, we'll be neighbours.

Aw thanks haha! and thats exactly why this could be cool - it'd definitely be cool to meet you in person :D

• 1 month later...