On 13/03/2018 at 10:22 PM, Anxious_prospective said:

I did. According to them, letters already started to be sent out and will continue until the end of March. I haven't received anything yet. The wait is cruel.

The wait is truly difficult. Let me know if you hear back from them, and I will too. Good luck! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Hello, I applied for the PhD program. No decision yet. How about you?
On 1/21/2019 at 8:19 PM, Lampsuns said:

Hi everyone,

This might be a bit out of topic. But I just wanted all your opinions on IRES. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

On 3/28/2019 at 1:44 PM, Lampsuns said:
  • Hello, I applied for the PhD program. No decision yet. How about you?

But it's April! Still no decision??!! Did they say anything at all?

Also can we apply for both the masters and the phd program in the same cycle or would that seem like a red flag to them?

7 hours ago, Revolutionary said:

But it's April! Still no decision??!! Did they say anything at all?

Also can we apply for both the masters and the phd program in the same cycle or would that seem like a red flag to them?

I got the acceptance today thankfully; have been in touch with my PI since my application. 
And at IRES, you can apply to the PhD program only if you have a research-based master's program. Hope that helps!

On 4/3/2019 at 1:51 AM, Lampsuns said:

I got the acceptance today thankfully; have been in touch with my PI since my application. 
And at IRES, you can apply to the PhD program only if you have a research-based master's program. Hope that helps!

Hey Lampsuns, can I please get in touch with you to get some more information on this?

I really want to get into IRES next year and it would be a great help to me if you could connect with me and answer some of my questions!

53 minutes ago, Revolutionary said:

Hey Lampsuns, can I please get in touch with you to get some more information on this?

I really want to get into IRES next year and it would be a great help to me if you could connect with me and answer some of my questions!

Sure. You can email me at laskar@ualberta.ca.

• 10 months later...
21 hours ago, Revolutionary said:

Has anyone received word back from IRES for this year's admissions (for admission into Fall 2020)?

Not yet. Applied for Master still waiting. I’m so worried right now. They said the first round of offers usually sent out around the end of February.

• 4 weeks later...