CALIFORNIA SCHOOLS- WAITING!!!

Hotmess4life

Contacted the Graduate Director at UCSC today as encouraged by the Graduate Advisor to ask for an update, she replied asking if we could set a call which I found pretty weird as she could just give me an update by email

Same story here. Applied for a PhD in Public Health at Davis and haven't heard back. I contacted the student advisor and she politely said I'll check and get back and haven't heard back since. I got accepted at Tufts, but I want to see what Davis offers before taking up Tufts. I need to respond to them before April 15th, which is the catch :/

On 4/5/2018 at 1:08 AM, kasturi said:

Same story here. Applied for a PhD in Public Health at Davis and haven't heard back. I contacted the student advisor and she politely said I'll check and get back and haven't heard back since. I got accepted at Tufts, but I want to see what Davis offers before taking up Tufts. I need to respond to them before April 15th, which is the catch :/

I'd suggest asking Tufts for an extension and pressing UC Davis for a decision saying your other program requires a decision by April 15th. 

16 hours ago, PsychedSloth said:

I'd suggest asking Tufts for an extension and pressing UC Davis for a decision saying your other program requires a decision by April 15th. 

Ah got the email from Davis saying I didn't get int. So Tufts here I come. Thank you for the advice :)

I was rejected by 2 programs from UC San Diego through email late March, however, I am still waiting to hear from UC Santa Barbara, UC Davis, and Oregon State University. It's getting so late now, I think that all programs will reject my applications soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a phone call from UCSC's program director yesterday to tell me that I was accepted but they can't give me any financial assistance (again).

Today I got my letter of acceptance from UCSB (my top choice) and it's the same situation. No funding, can't guarantee a TA and so on.

I could afford to pay for the year and apply for a TA and hope I get selected so I don't have to pay, but I think if they didn't offer me financial assistance during admission they would probably not do it afterwards too.

All hopes shattered for this year again