CALIFORNIA SCHOOLS- WAITING!!!

Hotmess4life

I just applied two California schools -- UCSC & USC, and both of them are in the silence. Maybe they have not decided yet or maybe they already put me into the waitlist automatically, I thought.:wacko:

Edited by Wayyyne

UCSB student chiming in - I think it depends on the department, but we were all affected by the fire in December and mudslides in January, so our winter quarter started a week late. Everyone has generally been more frazzled than usual for the past few months since the already-short quarter was truncated by a week. So if you're still waiting to hear from UCSB, don't give up hope quite yet! It's very possible that some departments are still working through applications.

@abnormalcluster Since my field of study is Computer Engineering/Sciences, being in California would be a great opportunity to make some networking and get a job. Another point that motivates me to apply for schools in California is that I went to UCSB as an exchange student during undergrad and I really enjoyed it.

16 hours ago, orangeorc said:

Heard back from my department at UCLA, but still no word from the graduate division or about funding (if any). 

Which program? I have applied for D.Env, had 3 interviews in the middle of the night but I haven't heard from them yet, it's been almost a month.

I applied to SFSU's English Lit MA program Feb 1st, and since we're approaching the 7 week mark I finally nudged someone via email. Apparently it's midterm/spring break season, which is why they haven't sent much out as of yet. I'm pretty sure most CSU's follow a similar schedule, so if you're still waiting don't despair! They haven't forgotten about you. She said I should be hearing back within a week.

Contacted my POI at UCSB (my first choice) today, his response was "Have you heard anything at all? I will also check when I get back to town later this week." 

I will take that as a rather positive answer given that we are almost in April.

I'm not sure how to feel about not hearing back from SDSU yet. I called for a status update and was told I should be contacted this week. By default, I think I've been rejected; however, I wonder if it's possible that I'm low on a waitlist, so they're not going to say anything until they have a better idea (presumably rejection).