*Strange*/Seemingly unethical issue - please help?

Hi guys - I've been lucky enough to be accepted to three and waitlisted to two PhD and PsyD programs. As advised, I'm trying to go about the process of comparing and contrasting the benefits and requirements of each program. I've had a lot of luck gathering the kind of "baseline" info for each program - except for one. Though there is a helpful current student answering some questions, I have about 1,000 of them (as you do when preparing to embark upon 4-7 years and potentially thousands in debt) and I can't get anyone to let me see the program handbook. Is that at all normal? I really feel the need to understand the ins and outs of their clinical requirements, etc. before accepting. Every other program has their handbook accessible via their website for the general public, and I've been admitted, with a grant, and still can't access it. "Proprietary" and "for current students only." I've never heard of such a thing from a university-housed, APA accredited doctoral program.

Happy to disclose the school and program if anyone has any advice and/or experience with this. Thank you!!!

(Note: I've tried to get it from the current student, the program administrator, even emailed the previously-helpful head of the program [not heard back from him]. My only other thought is to call him and ask directly. Somewhat afraid of alienating people, however.)

I'm no expert but I know from looking at what seems like hundreds of webpages for applications that most all include that somewhere easily accessible.  Sounds like you have had the same experience.

I'd say if this is what is holding you back you should really pursue getting it.  Or be transparent about your hesitancy in accepting before seeing it- you've been offered a spot after all, and you are doing your part to make sure you are proactive about the decision making process.  If you have a mentor/supervisor assigned, I would email them or call them asap, too.  And if you have a list of questions that you are hoping to get answered that would be in the handbook, I would write those out and send them to whoever if they still will not send it to you.  Also, if possible get as much in writing as you can so you can reference back to it!  

Also, if you are wondering if this is seemingly unethical... it may not hurt to call the APA and just get guidance from them.  I really don't know the answer, but I know I have called before about something and they were helpful in giving me an answer.