Blakemore Freeman Fellowship

hobakie

4 hours ago, cotko said:

I get that. Do you have GroupMe, KakaoTalk, or WeChat? Is there another option you prefer?

None of these, unfortunately. Used to have WeChat, but could not recover my account. Let me send you a private message with other options and hopefully if anyone else is interested, they will reach out to one of us.

• 11 months later...

Hi there! I was wondering if anyone is still active here! This has been the only place I have been able to find others applying to the Blakemore Fellowship. I applied last year for chinese, but was not awarded a fellowship, so I will be applying again this year. After much review, I found that my personal statement is likely what needs work. I was wondering if someone might have some tips to offer of different things to include or discuss, or maybe the tone of the statement, length, etc. that might help. If anyone else is applying for the next cycle as well, I'd be thrilled to connect!

On 11/30/2021 at 6:11 AM, pomnabo said:

Hi there! I was wondering if anyone is still active here! This has been the only place I have been able to find others applying to the Blakemore Fellowship. I applied last year for chinese, but was not awarded a fellowship, so I will be applying again this year. After much review, I found that my personal statement is likely what needs work. I was wondering if someone might have some tips to offer of different things to include or discuss, or maybe the tone of the statement, length, etc. that might help. If anyone else is applying for the next cycle as well, I'd be thrilled to connect!

I am applying for Korean! This will be my first time applying so I really don't know what to expect and there really isn't much online to go off of so that certainly makes me a bit nervous.

• 2 months later...
On 11/30/2021 at 7:11 AM, pomnabo said:

Hey! Have you heard back yet for this cycle?