2018 PhD Creative Writing

callmethabreeze

No forum for CW PhD applicants this year, so I figured why not? Sharing anxiety is fun. 

I'm applying in fiction, and still waiting to hear from Albany, Ohio University, and Cincinnati. I'm assuming OU is a rejection not yet sent, but am holding out hopes with Cincinnati and Albany.

Anybody have any intelligence they're willing to share? How's everybody else doing?

Edited by callmethabreeze
Be nicer

5 hours ago, luckypenny18 said:

I applied to OU for the MA program in fiction and am also still waiting for a response. Not a PhD applicant but likewise hoping to hear soon. 

Fingers crossed and all that. 

I saw a MA in fiction acceptance at the end of February for OU. And I saw one for poetry in the PhD around the same time. So my optimism with OU has dimmed. But really, who the hell knows with any of this? Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2018 at 6:01 PM, Perszona said:

Could you guys please let me know what are the best PhD Creative Writing Programs in the US? Let's say, top 5. I don't want to go just by the Poets & Writers list. Thanks

Cornell,

University of Southern California,

University of Houston,

Florida State,

University of Missouri-Columbia,

are some of the more distinguished PhD Creative Writing Programs.

Hope that helps!

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

SO, I asked last year about the top 5 CW PhD Programs, but I realized I was overly ambitious. Are there additional good programs out there? I don't need this time "the best" or the top 5 only,  "good enough", as Winnicott would say, will do. There is so much info on the internet on MFA programs and so little on PhDs. Thank you so much!

Edited by Perszona

• 2 months later...