Cleveland State University

Cleveland State is notoriously awful at getting back to applicants no matter if you're in, on the waitlist, or rejected. Last year at least, they took until early May to let me know I was on their waitlist--luckily by that time I had already accepted an offer.

On 3/25/2018 at 9:51 AM, Swishfish22 said:

Cleveland State is notoriously awful at getting back to applicants no matter if you're in, on the waitlist, or rejected. Last year at least, they took until early May to let me know I was on their waitlist--luckily by that time I had already accepted an offer.

wow, thanks for the information!

I believe it, I emailed them to confirm that I did not have to pay a supplemental application fee to the graduate school, and it took them four days just to say "no, you're good" !! So, is Cleveland State one of the graduate schools that does not email everyone, even if they're on the waitlist? And if so, is there any way we can check our application status online so that I do not have to bug them about it? (as much as I would like to)

If you haven’t heard from them, you’re on the waitlist. They sent out acceptances and rejections the last week of March. They sent out some waitlist letters, some saying you’re high on the waitlist and some generic ones. I got to CSU now for undergrad and they also said if you haven’t gotten an email, you’re on the waitlist. Hope this helps!!! 

Cleveland State waitlists everyone who meets the minimum admissions requirements (or at least they used to a year ago). If you get an email saying you are high on the waitlist then you'll likely get in. I'm not sure how far down the waitlist they usually go until they fill the class up but some people get their acceptances in July. 

3 hours ago, Spadeofdiamonds said:

Cleveland State waitlists everyone who meets the minimum admissions requirements (or at least they used to a year ago). If you get an email saying you are high on the waitlist then you'll likely get in. I'm not sure how far down the waitlist they usually go until they fill the class up but some people get their acceptances in July. 

Thanks for your help